65' Fender Twin - Help Needed Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    You don't have to be psychic to read and pay attention to the question.
    No. But you do need patience and an attention span longer than a camera flash. These virtues almost qualify as super powers in the modern world.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by TheeDoctor_G View Post
      ... there is an audible hiss present. ...
      It is always difficult to evaluate a problem like this via a discussion group because we can’t listen to your amp. On person’s “excessive hiss” is another persons “normal operation”. Right now we don’t know if your amp is malfunctioning or is performing within normal parameters for that model. If you could locate a buddy with the same, or even a similar model, amp and do a side by side test you would be in a better position to answer that question. Can you arrange that? Maybe you have already determined that your amp hisses a lot louder than other ’65 Twins but your first post doesn’t explicitly say that.
      Regards,
      Tom

Comment

I would back up Steve's post at this time. I only know from reading, not experience, but the early Bassman reissues had trouble with hiss because of the plate load resistors. Could have been the same for the '65 Twin.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

On person’s “excessive hiss” is another persons “normal operation”.
          There's a famous scene in one of Woody Allen's movies where he and is wife who are about to divorce visit a troubled couples Psychologic counselor, who asks the classic: "how often do you make love?"
          Woody answers: "I can't stand it, almost never ..................................... 3 times a week"
          and she answers:
          "it's unbearable, all the time ..................................... 3 times a week"
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
            If you could locate a buddy with the same, or even a similar model, amp and do a side by side test you would be in a better position to answer that question
            or swing by guitar center or sam ash or similar store

Comment

Working...
            X