X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
    millimeter!
    T
    Oh right. Metric is best IMO. But no, I don't know how thick it is.

Comment

Here's a steel pole tele pup with a tap ,I made a little while ago
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

What is the sound difference between it and a regular Tele bridge?
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
          Here's a steel pole tele pup with a tap ,I made a little while ago
          Have you tried it with opposing A5 bars ala P-90? Worth a listen. OK, so I like P-90s

Comment

I use 2 small opposing ceramic magnets
            There might be enough room for 2 firebird magnets but not full size bar magnet

Comment

What is the sound difference between it and a regular Tele bridge?
              T
              It sounds real nice ,Cleaner than I thought it would sound,a little compressed with the ceramic magnets & it sounds a little more like a p-90

Comment

It sounds real nice ,Cleaner than I thought it would sound,a little compressed with the ceramic magnets & it sounds a little more like a p-90
                So does it use a ceramic like the strat rail magnet?
                Is the magnet stuck to a keeper, like a p90?
                T
                "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                Terry

Comment

T
                  In a previous post he said he's using two ceramics, I imagine they are those skinny mags that some MIM strats with the plastic bobbins have. Just on the keeper, with my half humbucker singles I didn't use a keeper at first but the tone sucked so I put the keeper on and it came good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                    In a previous post he said he's using two ceramics, I imagine they are those skinny mags that some MIM strats with the plastic bobbins have. Just on the keeper, with my half humbucker singles I didn't use a keeper at first but the tone sucked so I put the keeper on and it came good.
                    That's kind of what I figured.
                    We may have to do a thread on Magnets some day.
                    We could all photo all the different Mags we have and Post pictures.
                    I Have a lot of different kinds, and types.
                    I know you guys probably do To.
                    T
                    Terry

Comment

T
                      The magnets I used are the same as whats in MIM strat pups .187"x187"x2.5" with no keeper
                      I started making one but the holes were a bit whonky so i ditched it ,& glued to the flatwork & touching the screws also i made a wooden core
                      Those keeper magnets are hard to find in north america so I'm using 2 rail sized magnets from now on in

Comment

The magnets I used are the same as whats in MIM strat pups .187"x187"x2.5" with no keeper
                        I started making one but the holes were a bit whonky so i ditched it ,& glued to the flatwork & touching the screws also i made a wooden core
                        Those keeper magnets are hard to find in north america so I'm using 2 rail sized magnets from now on in
                        I agree, the mojo rail magnets have many uses, and on the rails I think they have a pretty good tone.
                        Have you tried degaussing any of the ceramics?
                        Its trickey but you can run them up and down some.
                        T
                        Terry

Comment

I agree, the mojo rail magnets have many uses, and on the rails I think they have a pretty good tone.
                          Have you tried degaussing any of the ceramics?
                          Its trickey but you can run them up and down some.
                          T
                          No I have not tried degaussing ceramic
                          here's some info
                          Those 187"x187"x2.5" magnets
                          I was searching for some ,so I got a quote for these from Arnolds magnetics ,They wanted $4.90 a piece
                          Sensmag wanted $.60 a piece ........Thats just sick

Comment

I made P-90s from those mags and the plastic strat bobbins ala S Kersting, you put the plastic tubes down the pole holes and use hummer screw poles, I didn't like em one bit.

Comment

Damn $4.90 is kind of steep for what the whole world calls a Junk Magnet.
                              The rail mags are less than a buck from Mojo.
                              I saw the address for sensmag, but where are they and where would they be shipped from if I bought some.
                              T
                              BTW, I may start a thread called the Nightly Round table.
                              We could just jump in and add whatever we want, as long as we want.
                              You see any problem with that?
                              Terry

Comment

Sensmag are in China. My order is already in the country. Expecting it today or tomorrow. One week.

Comment

Working...
                                X