My Favorite Vintage P/U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Favorite Vintage P/U

Let's have a thread where we discuss our favorite vintage Pickup.
    Let's face it, everyone starts winding to make their favorite vintage pickup.
    So Here, Let's concentrate on the classics.
    My favorite Bridge Humbucker is a 9-9.4k Pickup wound medium tight.
    What is yours, You can get as detailed as you want?
    Terry
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Here's what's giving me a chubby right now.
    http://

Comment

Very nice
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
        Very nice
        Copper, Don't you just hate guys that make stuff look like that?
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Naa............... Ward ,you should of poped the flame a little more .....lol .... love those toppers
          My favourite wood is maple ,My wife's favourite is wood is morning (I still have not figured that one out ......)
          "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Thanks for the comps. I sprayed a couple of coats of clear on the coils and that's all the potting they got, .688 mags, the tops are 4mm thick and the coil is stock height. The formvar comes up well under the lacquer don't you think

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
              Naa............... Ward ,you should of poped the flame a little more .....lol .... love those toppers
              My favourite wood is maple ,My wife's favourite is wood is morning (I still have not figured that one out ......)
              Maybe you could get her to explain it

Comment

Ward, You got anymore Pics, of those fancy guitars and Pickups?
                T
                Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                  Ward, You got anymore Pics, of those fancy guitars and Pickups?
                  T
                  Rightio, here's another master piece brfff. P-90s rule and having the one in the middle gives so much more variety. Turn up the treble n presence and P-90s are great. Pos's 2 n 4 are great as well. Actually because I've gone maple mad I'm planning to ditch the white covers and put a 1/4'' maple top on these. The look of 3 x P-90s is a bit bulky but if you love single coil tone P-90s are a must in the arsenal. I actually know a few blokes who've never heard em
                  The bridge is an AM STD but those offset saddles have been replaced with the vintage steel ones, you need to drill new holes in the back of the top plate but once you do that the bridge is better IMO with the bent steel saddles and besides, try replacing the offsets with anything other than graphite if you're a lefty.

Comment

You realize I'm a Lefty too.
                    You could probably send me one of your culls!
                    T
                    Terry

Comment

You realize I'm a Lefty too.
                      You could probably send me one of your culls!
                      T
                      I do mate, I'm wondering what's with the righty in your avatar. Culls are not a common thing over here as you would know, decent lefty guitars, well if you want one you have to make it yourself. I do have too many though but couldn't possible hand one over

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                        I do mate, I'm wondering what's with the righty in your avatar. Culls are not a common thing over here as you would know, decent lefty guitars, well if you want one you have to make it yourself. I do have too many though but couldn't possible hand one over
                        Those are your Children I'm sure!
                        That is a guitar, I put one of my loaded pick guards on.
                        It is a demo at a guitar store.
                        T
                        Terry

Comment

Those are your Children I'm sure!
                          That is a guitar, I put one of my loaded pick guards on.
                          It is a demo at a guitar store.
                          T
                          oh yeah, I have a righty here to demo the pickups, amps and cabs. Hate lookin at it

Comment

Here's a couple Tele Pickups I made for a local player.
                            He wanted to try a neck P/U without the cover.
                            A good thing, I was out of them.
                            I wound both with 42 AWG.
                            T
                            Terry

Comment

Always good to leave the cover off them Tele neck pickups I reckon.
                              Here's a Tele triple set of woodys ready for winding. The neck n mid are strat spec.
                              I made this thick steel bridge for it, incomplete in this pic, it's in the polishing process at the moment, no plating, just polished to look like chrome, I've done this many times and never have rust issues , I tested it out on the guitar and the added tone is very noticeable esp in the bottoms, like the bottom is wider and bigger but also the top strings really spit out at you. Steel rules for tone, forget brass, that's rubbish. This is for my thinline. Fun job making the pickup hole, job satisfaction to a tee. Not a Big Teee, just a tee

Comment

Working...
                              X