10 to 15 wt 1st Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 to 15 wt 1st Build

Hello all my first post sorry if I ask something redundant. I am looking at my first build,(got bit by the tube bug) I am looking at something somewhat basic for my first build. I have a 1956 LECTROLAB/SOUND PROJECTS MODEL R200B,(pretty sure this is a widow maker) and would like to use the knowledge I gain from my build to refurbish the electronics on this old little gem!!! Oh and I would like my build to be a little gainer than the 200b.

Thanks in advance!!!

Have you checked out the AX84 site??? Those guys have a couple of low watt medium to high gainers available to ANYONE. Easy to search threads for discussions on the projects.

As to the R200b... Schem?
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

You didn't ask any questions. If the field coil speaker is good, if it has one of those, I would just replace all the caps. I usually refer to power transformer-less designs as widow makers. This has one. As far as more gain, you could use a bypass cap on the second stage cathode resistor, say 2 to 25uf. That should put some zing into it. R200 | Lectrolab Guitar Amplifiers

Comment

Oops. Forgot to add, you can cheat on the can type multi value cap and replace it with individual axial or even radial lead caps of the same value and voltage rating. Just keep track of where the wires go. Silicone glue will hold small caps in place forever. Let them sit over night to set before use. I know I'll get blasted for that trick by somebody. It works though.

Comment

Working...
        X