Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My uneven mismatched nightmare The Apprentice :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JCrab View Post
    It is really nice to hear someone say it T I have windows 7
    Me too.
    I don't know if I could go back to the older Operating systems or not.
    I used to run linux, and XP a lot. Since I got Windows 7 a few years ago, that is all I run.
    I do run Firefox as a browser. Windows Internet Explorer, IMO has always been a weak link.
    Hopefully it is better now.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

I am at the point of ordering more wire I may order some 43awg and 42awg Just to see what happens. The Tpl that works for what I was after was in the 90-100 and in the 60-80 was a bit on the mushy side, as for tension what I thought was tight was actually way to tight. Looking back on these past few months has been quite a education in figuring out what the hell I was doing. I have made a few cool pickups and I am having a blast thaks to you guy's and all your advice

Comment

I am at the point of ordering more wire I may order some 43awg and 42awg Just to see what happens. The Tpl that works for what I was after was in the 90-100 and in the 60-80 was a bit on the mushy side, as for tension what I thought was tight was actually way to tight. Looking back on these past few months has been quite a education in figuring out what the hell I was doing. I have made a few cool pickups and I am having a blast thaks to you guy's and all your advice
        Where were you planning on purchasing your wire?
        Get a larger spool if possible.
        Like they said then you cut down having to start over, learning the wire.
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
          Where were you planning on purchasing your wire?
          Get a larger spool if possible.
          Like they said then you cut down having to start over, learning the wire.
          T
          I have found some 6lb+ on ebay ?, but I am not sure what I am looking for yet in the 43awg.

Comment

I have found some 6lb+ on ebay ?, but I am not sure what I am looking for yet in the 43awg.
            Don't forget remington, and if you email them they have different weight spools.
            Magnet Wire
            I have been using a 6 lb spool of Elektrisola 43 SPN Natural.
            It is slick and winds so easy.
            Larry at remington, is supposed to be getting some 42 SPN Red.
            I'm waiting for a 5 inch roll of it to come in.
            If you email them, mention the forum.
            T
            Terry

Comment

Is this what you are using,, cause thats a good price for 6lbs
              43 AWG Enameled Copper Magnet Wire Details | Remington Industries

Comment

Is this what you are using,, cause thats a good price for 6lbs
                43 AWG Enameled Copper Magnet Wire Details | Remington Industries
                Yes that is the same wire.
                I have bought 5 different rolls of wire from remington, so far good prices and good products.
                T
                Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                  ...Get a larger spool if possible...
                  Yeah get a full size spool if you can afford it, sometimes #42 turns out to be more like #43 after they re-spool it onto those 1-Lb "mini" spools
                  -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Working...
                  X