No announcement yet.

Counting turns on a mini-lathe winder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairchild makes many inexpensive optical sensors and they will send you free samples if you know what you want. They are also available from Mouser and Digikey in the US. I'd look to Future electronics in Canada though I think the other two can ship from a Canadian address as well.
    I use the reflective type and I added silver reflective tape and a black silicone carbide sandpaper strip to get the greatest differentiation. It turned out that black sharpie was nearly as reflective as white paper. Color has little to do with it -it's more about surface reflectivity.

Comment

Originally posted by David King
      Fairchild makes many inexpensive optical sensors and they will send you free samples if you know what you want. They are also available from Mouser and Digikey in the US. I'd look to Future electronics in Canada though I think the other two can ship from a Canadian address as well.
      I use the reflective type and I added silver reflective tape and a black silicone carbide sandpaper strip to get the greatest differentiation. It turned out that black sharpie was nearly as reflective as white paper. Color has little to do with it -it's more about surface reflectivity.
      David the reason I choose Tayda was I have an order of pedal effects parts to make & they have sensors ,So do you think this sensor will work & what other things will i need to run it ?
      TCRT1000 Reflective Optical Sensor 950nm TCRT1000
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Working...
      X