1964 ampeg reverberocket My own project weak reverb and trem not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 ampeg reverberocket My own project weak reverb and trem not working

I got a 64 rocket its a odd one model R12R M 3 ax7's and 1 au7 7591 power tubes. This amp was given to me Ive had it for years in the closet and decided to go through and start reserecting it, I got a new can cap from fliptops and now i need to dig into the reverb and trem circuit, weak reverb no trem I see the caps in the trem circuit are suspect but was wanting your guys opinions on just recapping the whole thing. what kind of caps would yous use ?? Would it totally be worth the trouble Im sure several caps are leaky and where the heck are the rectifier diodes ?? LOL On the back sid of the tag strip? I dont see them anywhere I am not real knowledgeable about these as i see they were kind of built to what they had in supply I have the original schematic but it is hard to read even know its readable. Its a nice sounding amp but breaks up real early but does have great sound and very got response when you dig into your guitar... The tiny chiefs .05 3 of them and the 25uf 25v is where I am going to start. See if I can get the reverb back I need to order the stuff fro fliptop all the resistors are pretty good and close....but man its tight in there, cant believe they used that tiny wire through out the whole amp

Those filters especially the Electros are over 50 years old if they haven't been changed so you can only improve the sound quality and any hum or related non working issues by replacing them. I like to use the F&T caps and would work nice in that amp. If the photo isolator is working the tremelo should work also but old caps can cause them to sound weak. Would shoot the pots down and get them back loose as they are likely tight from sitting up. A little tlc and it should come to life for you and sound great. I'm working on a reissue of the same model and they are very nice sounding amps tstl.
    KB

Comment

Thanks Amp kat Yes it is full of tiny chief and cornell doubler caps and ducati also..I was looking forward to being able to put some money into it this month but it looks like its going to have to wait ...again the trem has/ had a photo resistor in it that was glass encased I took the trem unit apart it was getting 63 v at the bulb but no trem at all, wanting to keep it original i took it apart and the photo resistor fell on the floor as it would happen for all places it had to fall it landed right on my exacto knife and shattered the glass, which had blue writing on it I was getting up from the floor to remove my glasses and get good light to read the casing but couldnt find enough of it left to even read it I was hoping to find a replacement ...LOL just my luck big carpeted floor and it hits the only thing sitting on the floor, I couldnt believe it happened comical but disappointing I can only laugh now... any ideas what value it was ???? I know they are very high from what ive read. And yes I think I am going to replace all the caps when I get the money Looking forward to getting it going proper and using it. It sound god now I cant wait to hear it when its done

Comment

Working...
      X