AWG 42 and 43 wire sources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWG 42 and 43 wire sources

It's been a while since I posted here. I am looking fro a good source for AWG 42 and 43 magnet wires either in the US or Canada. Can somebody offer me some help? Thank you very much.

Ruel

Electrical Test Equipment, Manufacturing Metalworking items in BAE MAGNET WIRE store on eBay!

Remington Industries Magnet Wire
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Not sure if Remmington knows the difference between "Enamel" and "Poly", check out this page:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Enamel-Poly.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	825128
      -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
        Not sure if Remmington knows the difference between "Enamel" and "Poly", check out this page:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18689[/ATTACH]
        Well it is enamel, just not "plain enamel."

I just got a big roll of 42 from them. It's nice wire. Elektrisola brand.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
          Well it is enamel, just not "plain enamel."
          Can somebody define "enamel" to me?

If from the description is "Insulation: Solderable Polyurethane w/ Nylon Overcoat", where the "enamel" part comes in...?
          Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
          Milano, Italy

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
            It just means a hard and glossy coating of some kind, but it sounds good, so lots of manufacturers claim to make an enamel.

Enamel - Wikipedia

If from the description is "Insulation: Solderable Polyurethane w/ Nylon Overcoat", where the "enamel" part comes in...?
            Well, it's really a kind of varnish, but it's also a kind of enamel.

Varnish originally was the oil part of oil paint, but without the pigment.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
              "An opaque or semitransparent glassy substance applied to metallic or other hard surfaces for ornament or as a protective coating."

Comment

(double post)
                -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Sorry gent's, IMHO when it comes to wire sellers, makers, distributors, etc, they of all people 'should' know the difference when listing it for customers who use it, where the term "Enamel" used by itself or with the word "plain" has always refers to a coating which is not Poly/Nylon.

{wonder why I'm getting all these double-posts lately}
                  -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
                    {wonder why I'm getting all these double-posts lately}
                    I get them too. Cause seems to be the 28-sec min between posts. The mechanism is flawed: It claims that your post was refused and please wait, but in fact the posting did work, so when you post the second time, you end up with two posts. I find that simply returning to the original message or forum as if abandoning the posting works.

Comment

FYI on the Remington Industries, Elektrisola 42 SPN Red.
                      Received an email today from remington, that the red 42 SPN, will be available on Aug. 2nd.
                      They have been waiting for Elektrisola to make a run of the Red wire.
                      They will have 500 lbs available. Larry said they will have it listed on the website, and on their ebay store.
                      No I don't get a commission or a Kickback.
                      There has been other winders looking for the red wire for their T-top rewinds.
                      Contact Larry at Remington, if you are a volume winder and buy more than one roll of wire, you will qualify for volume discounts.
                      T
                      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gwinn View Post
                        I find that simply returning to the original message or forum as if abandoning the posting works.
                        Thats what I do Joe but I make sure that I copy my post text before I hit Submit just in case it doesn't go through.

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gwinn View Post
                          I get them too. Cause seems to be the 28-sec min between posts. The mechanism is flawed: It claims that your post was refused and please wait, but in fact the posting did work, so when you post the second time, you end up with two posts. I find that simply returning to the original message or forum as if abandoning the posting works.
                          On my end is just asks if I want to leave the page, because I entered text.

I click on stay on page, then refresh, and then leave page.

Doesn't happen every time either.

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                            On my end is just asks if I want to leave the page, because I entered text.

I click on stay on page, then refresh, and then leave page.

Doesn't happen every time either.
                            Exactly the same here and not every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratz View Post
                              Thats what I do Joe but I make sure that I copy my post text before I hit Submit just in case it doesn't go through.
                              I do the same. Has not been needed, but Murphy lurks.

Comment

Working...
                              X