Fender 15G amp help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender 15G amp help

I was playing my guitar on my amp when someone walked by me tripped on the wire and it fell from the chair. ( I know it shouldn't be on the chair) it fell to the ground while still plugged in. Upon inspection the plug in the back was jammed into the inside. I opened the case and found that where the plug goes into had fallen into the amp itself. How do I fix this thanks!

Originally posted by Beginner guitarist View Post
    Upon inspection the plug in the back was jammed into the inside. I opened the case and found that where the plug goes into had fallen into the amp itself. How do I fix this thanks!
    Welcome to the place. Are you talking about the input jack, where the guitar cable plugs in? Or are you talking about the ac cord that connects to the wall outlet?

Comment

What Bill asked.^^^^

SOunds like the rear panel AC inlet. But whatever it is, you will have to open the amp. The connector that was pushed in either stripped its mounting or actually broke, so you probably need a new whatever thing it was. AC cord connectors tend to be universal, so you can find whoichever type is in yours from places like MOuser or Jameco, or even a Fender parts seller.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Fender 15G IEC connector

Here are a few shots of the IEC power connector.
        It looks like a front flange mount.
        Attached Files

Comment

I would contact Darren Riley & ask if this will work.
          Or contact Fender direct & ask for the part number & availability.
          Link: http://www.darrenriley.com/shop/cart..._detail&p=2906

Comment

Working...
          X