5E3 to RM Tweed Deluxe Plus Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5E3 to RM Tweed Deluxe Plus Conversion

This is what I did to convert one of my "So Watt?!" Chinese 5E3 chassis to a RM Tweed Deluxe Plus amp. I ran across the TD+ design layout and description while searching around for info on modding my 5E3 amp. A fellow by the handle Platefire designed this variation. He posted a pdf file showing the layout on the tdpri forum. I have to say I really like this setup. I've added a few things of my own and plan a few more.

I put a photo album with explanations on my website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e3tormtweeddeluxeplusconversion35.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	865444

Click image for larger version

Name:	e3tormtweeddeluxeplusconversion03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	865445

Cheers,

Leroy

There is no information to answer the question.
    We have no idea about what your amp has "now." not a clue...
    and the layout you posted is largely UN-readable.
    "what would you need?" well, how could we possibly know from the info you have provided?
    However what I do know is that people post schematics on the internet, and many of them are useless, and following them does not always produce a good result.

Comment

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
      There is no information to answer the question.
      I didn't poss a question. I am sharing a circuit variation I used on one of my "So Watt?!" 5E3 chassis.

We have no idea about what your amp has "now." not a clue...
      Did you even try following the links in my post? I put together a photo album, with explanations, that I think convey the needed info to sort out what I did and what the designer of the circuit intended.

and the layout you posted is largely UN-readable.
      These images were just a tease to get people interested enough to look at my webpage. The Tweed Deluxe Plus modification makes the 5E3 into a similar, but different animal.

"what would you need?" well, how could we possibly know from the info you have provided?
      Huh?

However what I do know is that people post schematics on the internet, and many of them are useless, and following them does not always produce a good result.
      I put a link to a thread on the TDPRI forum which links to Platefire's pdf file of the TD+ layout drawing. This was not my work, so I do not feel that I have the right to post his file myself. The link will have to suffice.

I can say from my first hand experience that this variation makes a very nice sounding amp and is an excellent addition to my amp collection.

Comment

Working...
      X