Peavey Classic 30 Tweed Bassman Mod Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Classic 30 Tweed Bassman Mod Help

I've done all of the mod except one step, listed here: http://www.blueguitar.org/new/schem/...s/c30twdbm.pdf

"12. Cut the trace to pin 2 of relay K1. This is very important. If you omit this step or do it wrong, you will short the B+ on V2A directly to ground. This is a very bad thing."

I have no clue which leg of K1 is pin 2. Can someone tell/show me on the layout below?

Thanks.

It is really hard to tell where pin 2 is, by the layout.
    I would look up the datasheet for that relay.
    That will show you what each pin does & where it is located on the relay.
    What the mod is doing is jumpering out the parts between tube V2A (plate pin 1) & the grid of tube V2B (grid pin 7)
    The ground connection to the relay (K1) must be removed.
    Where C2, C1 & R5 meet is pin 3 of relay K1.
    If you are totally unsure, remove that connection to K1 pin 3.
    Attached Files

Comment

And sorry, but Mods written by people who can't bother to draw a schematic nor a layout, aimed at people who usually couldn't read one anyway, are not to be trusted.
      The potential for disaster is very high.
      And the mod writer acknowledges that is does not achieve its ultimate end anyway, only gets a little closer, opinion with which I agree.
      *Personal* opinion, I would either stick with the Classic 30 as-is, which is a very good amp, *or* gut it and drop a real aftermarket Tweed Bassman board inside, and have the real thing.
      OK, 90% of the real thing.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

See my response in the PV forum for complete answer. Pin 2 is the pin that R11 is connected to. But the relay pin alone is what needs isolation, all the other stuf to that trace needs to remain conneted.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X