Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID Heyboer OT Secondaries

Hey, guys.

I have a Heyboer that I can't find any info on, save it's a 40 Fender replacement. I had to guess at the color coding of the secondary - maybe I have it wrong.

It's a HY018343 secondary colors are White, Green, Yellow, and Black. I can't find any info online and have pinged the manufacturer ad a few vendors with no luck. Bueller?

Thanks!
    ~F
    "Ruining good moments since 1975"

It is perplexing that Heyboer doesn't have this information posted. They don't even send a spec sheet with their transformers when you order direct from them.
    Anyway...I've gotten good results by just telephoning them at the number listed on their web site.

Comment

I have a suspicion it's the same as the Weber equivalent:

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/018343sch.jpg
      "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
      - Yogi Berra

Comment

Thanks, gents. If I can get some satisfaction from this scratch build, I won't feel so bad. It's crazy that there is no info on this sucker online. I was just hoping to find some anecdotal information at the very least.

Weber refuses to respond to my emails - they sent me the wrong stand up end bells for a tranny and won't respond lol. $8 isn't a fortune, but it's' the principal. A call is in order.
        ~F

Comment

Making assumptions - the outputs are 4,8,and 16 ohm. Also that black is common.

APply as large a signal as you can to the primary wires, then note the voltages of signal at the secondary wires with respect to black. The higher the voltage measured, the higher the impedance tap, allowing them to be put in order.

If black turns out not to be common, then you would find two wires having the same voltage on them, so you'd kknow. Easy enough to try other wires as common then.

Or do it the other way, send a signal into the secondary and watch the result on the primary. The higher impedance tap you send in, the lower the result on the primary. The result of turns ratios.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It was identical to the Weber model listed above. Thanks for showing me how to test it blindly, though. Always wanted to know how to do this.
            ~F

Comment

Working...
            X