Fender Convenience outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Convenience outlet

Just an FYI that apexjr has these in stock under new arrivals. Thought I'd seen people here looking for these before.

Whats New at ApexJr

Click image for larger version

Name:	AMPHENOLACOUTLET.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	865472

Nice find!
    Those old two prongers always worried me.

Comment

Nerts....at 15$ a pop they sure ain't givin' those away...
      The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

I wonder: are they legal?
        I mean, under UL, IEC or whatever rules.
        I'm not talking about the new ground pin, which is cool, but the concept of having a metal chassis extension cord, in an awkward and dark (under stage conditions) place.
        A metal chassis to which you are connected through the guitar hanging from your neck.
        Not forgetting that people fumbling there *can* , sometimes, be "under the influence" of something or another.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

C'mon Juan, maybe that will help reduce the number of people posting here.

Comment

"Legal" is an interesting question. In the USA, you can do whatever you want. There is no federal safety law, other than what amounts to "you're liable if you hurt someone accidentally". Hurting them deliberately falls under other laws, of course. Outside the USA, there are governmental laws restricting what you can do.

But as a retrofit, you get into a lot of questions. Big one is - is the amp this is hooked into properly 3-wire grounded? If not, this amounts to an electrical trap. It's *possible* to wire it safely, but it takes some attention to do right. I personally think the right way to wire convenience outlets, whether two-wire or three-wire, on amplifiers is to not connect any wires to them.
            Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Anyone else ever notice that >9 times out of 10, Fender wired their silver face amps with the 3 wire 120v AUX outlet using the "hot" wire from the power cord connected to the neutral lug of the 120v AUX outlet!!??
              Also, not that it really matters much, but the 120v AUX outlet IS NOT protected by a fuse, it is just in parallel with the amp's power cord.

Oh, the $15 price:
              Not too many years ago you could buy those from an Amphenol vendor for about $3.50 to $4.00 each.
              I still have a small stash from those days but, only need to use them very VERY occasionally.
              Bruce

Mission Amps
              Denver, CO. 80022
              www.missionamps.com
              303-955-2412

Comment

I remember in the pld days(don't ask) some convenience outlets were labelled "fused" and others "unfused".
                Not speaking of Fenders but of Hi Fi amps.
                And some had a "switched" one too, I think to turn a preamp, tuner or turntable off automatically.
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Never seen that. Reminds me of the outlets on the back of audio gear....switched and unswitched. Very handy actually....
                  The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Working...
                  X