Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engl Screamer 50 BUZZ even on Standby

Hi everyone !

I have an Engl Screamer 50 combo that i bought last year, and it produces a suddent BUZZ little after i turn the power on, when then amp amp is still on Standby.
    The buzz is still there when i turn the standby off, and it comes and goes away....again and again (and i still hear my guitar sound)

_I have checked the filter caps... nothing weird.
    _I have taken the preamp tubes out : the buzz would only go louder.
    _I have taken the Power tubes out and it has not been back for a couple of minutes...

Do you thing it could be the power tubes? Also one of them is glowing a bit blue when i tund the standby switch off...

Thanks very much for your precious help

Originally posted by psklpt View Post
    Hi everyone !

I have an Engl Screamer 50 combo that i bought last year, and it produces a suddent BUZZ little after i turn the power on, when then amp amp is still on Standby.
    The buzz is still there when i turn the standby off, and it comes and goes away....again and again (and i still hear my guitar sound)

_I have checked the filter caps... nothing weird.
    _I have taken the preamp tubes out : the buzz would only go louder.
    _I have taken the Power tubes out and it has not been back for a couple of minutes...

Do you thing it could be the power tubes? Also one of them is glowing a bit blue when i tund the standby switch off...

Thanks very much for your precious help
    Ok, Faulty Power tube

Comment

The 'Blue' one was the good one?

Comment

Does your amp have lights in the front panel to light up the amp name?
        I'm looking where they get their power from as the wiring has been removed from this one I'm working on.
        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X