Ampeg SVT 4 Pro D.I. troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg SVT 4 Pro D.I. troubleshooting

Hello everyone, I have an Ampeg SVT 4 Pro bass amp but I have one problem I can't seem to get fixed. WHen the amp is being connected to an external mixing board through the DI out there's never coming a signal towards the mixing board from the amp. A technician has checked out the amp inside - out and everythings works fine and seems to be in perfect shape but this problem still occurs. Does anybody here have a suggestion of what could be the problem.

I doubt that he checked it (especially inside-out ). Most probably a plug from the transformers to the amp board is not connected. If not, it's quite easy to find with a signal generator and an oscilloscope where the signal disappears. Check what you have on the DI output (most probably nothing), then check what you have on the input of the circuit.

Mark

Comment

I hope these help, check J22, J23, are the transformer windings open circuit ?, is the connector not plugged into the header correctly, not pushed on far enough....
      Check switch S6....

Is there signal on J16 pin 9 & pin 11, does this vary when you turn the "line out level" pot P6
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X