Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laney VC30 drive channel mod

hello,

it works well but drive channel needs very high volume to have a not big overdrive.... how can i have a bit more overdrive with less volume??

here's the schematic
    http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...2_sch_-et-.pdf

thanks
    .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
    .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

You have several volume controls & two operating modes.
    Make sure you are in DRIVE mode, not in CLEAN mode
    Does the DRIVE led turn on ? If not you wont be able to get more "drive" and you will need a footswitch. You can make a footswitch with a stereo 1/4" plug & some switches. Short TIP to SLEEVE to switch between clean & overdrive, short RING to SLEEVE to turn off reverb

If you want more distortion in drive mode, with less volume, turn the DRIVE knob up, and turn the DRIVE VOLUME knob down.

DRIVE controls how much distortion / overdrive you get, and DRIVE VOLUME controls the overall volume.
    CLEAN controls how mush clean volume you get.

Comment

Originally posted by mozwell View Post
      .....If you want more distortion in drive mode, with less volume, turn the DRIVE knob up, and turn the DRIVE VOLUME knob down.....
      yes mozwell.... i understood how knobs work....

but in this amp, if you turn up the drive knob to max with the drive volume down you have not much distortion.... this because drive stage has not enough gain

...i thought to increase the bypass cap of V2a or V2b....
      .......my gaussmeter project..... ........
      .......first pickup with my cnc winder........

.... NEW cnc pickup winder user manual.....

Comment

It wasnt very clear from your first post exactly what your problem was, so just thought to check the easy things first.
        So, not enough drive.
        1. is your guitar turned up high
        2. are you using the HI or LO input, try the other one & see what happens
        3. turn treble, bass & mid to maximum, do you get enough drive now.
        4. is V2 a 12AX7, does ahcnging this tube help
        5. carefully (with power off & power supply discharged) remove R13, this will give you more signal into V2b

if you still dont get what you want, maybe try an external overdrive pedal

Comment

Working...
        X