Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, I cant believe it. I actually wound a 42 poly neck HB that sounds freaking awesome. Beautiful single coil sound and 7.6K DCR and the inductance came in just under 4.0 h
    A lot of testing different winding patterns, alloys, magnets, etc:

Please don't anybody tell Mr Schwab, he'll have no choice but to say "I told ya so"

But in my defense, It's missing that trademark Plain Enamel bite. Nice sweet tone though.

Rob.

Comment

• Good Job!
      What is the wire size and brand?
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

• I think it's Elektrisola. I bought two spools of it years ago.
        It's a big black returnable Elektrisola 6"x6" 8lb spool and it's marked (in my handwriting) #42min-nom 155C Poly in pen, that's it.
        It's thinner than the Viking 42 PE I've been using.

Any idea what the size is of the 42 PE Elektrisola min -nom from Remington?

Thanks
        Rob

Comment

• A friend made some wooden bobbins and I made some humbuckers with A5 rod magnets. Very bright sounding humbuckers which I'm sure is due to the rod magnets. But I was happy with the tone.
          Attached Files

Comment

• You can't beat a good woody. This has reminded me to post pics of my Zebs in the mahogany strat. Not sure about the guard, probably change it one day, haven't even put all the screws in. The mahogany bobbins were made from the exact wood left over from the body build.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratz View Post
              Wow, I cant believe it. I actually wound a 42 poly neck HB that sounds freaking awesome. Beautiful single coil sound and 7.6K DCR and the inductance came in just under 4.0 h
              A lot of testing different winding patterns, alloys, magnets, etc:
              Congrats!!!! on finally figuring out how to use that (I think you referred it it as) "Lifeless" poly wire
              "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• So Ward:
                Are the Pick Guard Holes to cool it off when Your Picking gets smoking Hot?
                Pretty wood.
                T
                "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                  So Ward:
                  Pretty wood.
                  T
                  That's it T, no actually with the swimming pool rout and the holes you get a bit of extra acoustic sound when unplugged, that was the idea but I taped them over coz I didn't like the hollow sound. That's what that was.

Comment

So Ward:
                    Pretty wood.
                    T
                    Haha ...I was thinking the same thing
                    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                      Haha ...I was thinking the same thing
                      I figured you would give us one of those emoticons with a guy playing a guitar on fire!
                      T
                      Last edited by big_teee; 08-08-2012, 03:47 PM.
                      Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                        Congrats!!!! on finally figuring out how to use that (I think you referred it it as) "Lifeless" poly wire
                        It would be nice if it had the bite that PE has. A different sound and ok for HB's but single coils.... PE or HF

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                        That's it T, no actually with the swimming pool rout and the holes you get a bit of extra acoustic sound when unplugged
                        I thought it had a built in amp and that was the speaker grill

Comment

So Ward:
                          Pretty wood.
                          T
                          Dangit, I'm Late to the party again. I was going to ask if the holes were to let the smoke out, as in Ace Frehley style....
                          www.sonnywalton.com
                          How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

• Keep em comin

Comment

• There's a thread in the Amp forums, "How do I put the Smoke Back in the Amp".
                              Your trying to let the smoke out!
                              T
                              Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                                Keep em comin
                                It is a great looking guitar. I like the wood. And you know I was hiding big time with that Ace Frehley comment.
                                www.sonnywalton.com
                                How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

Working...
                                X