X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy, Down Under!
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      Sounds great!
      Did you see my pick guard with the 2 blades and SC in the middle.
      I have a mini DPDT switch that switches both blades to SC Tapped Mode.
      I have it set where in SC Mode it is like a 3 SC guitar with RWRP.
      In untapped mode you have 2 humbuckers and a single coil.
      It has a tone I really like with the SC in the middle.
      It Quacks Great in 2 & 4.
      So welcome to the thread.
      T
      No, I just now looked at it and it seems we are on to the same idea, just from opposite directions. I like it. I'm not far enough along to say what mine will sound like yet. I have a fallback plan if I can't get the humbucker part like I want though. It can be a regular strat. I haven't made any of the single coil sized blade humbuckers yet. They will have 44 Electricsola wire and ceramic mags, mostly Mojo parts. I'm chroming the blades too. I've got that part done now. So I have no idea yet what will come of that. But we will see. It may be a bust, maybe I will need to try several winds, but got to try different things or no progress will be forthcoming.
      www.sonnywalton.com
      How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
        No, I just now looked at it and it seems we are on to the same idea, just from opposite directions. I like it. I'm not far enough along to say what mine will sound like yet. I have a fallback plan if I can't get the humbucker part like I want though. It can be a regular strat. I haven't made any of the single coil sized blade humbuckers yet. They will have 44 Electricsola wire and ceramic mags, mostly Mojo parts. I'm chroming the blades too. I've got that part done now. So I have no idea yet what will come of that. But we will see. It may be a bust, maybe I will need to try several winds, but got to try different things or no progress will be forthcoming.
        5-5.3k of 42SPN sounds real close to good Single coil neck.
        I have one in my strat I play in my bedroom, it is real quite.
        I have a single coil in the middle, and a full sized bucker in the bridge.
        Pretty much miss fit looking, but fun to play.
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Howdy, Down Under!
          T
          You guys enjoying the summer?

Comment

At 4PM CDT it was 104 in my Shop, 113f in the shade, and my wifes Buick said it was 115f.
            Too Damn Hot for me.
            T
            Terry

Comment

At 4PM CDT it was 104 in my Shop, 113f in the shade, and my wifes Buick said it was 115f.
              Too Damn Hot for me.
              T
              Yeah, it's always one or the other, I love 23C but you don't get too many of them days. It's 4pm Friday, burgers for tea, yee haw

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                Yeah, it's always one or the other, I love 23C but you don't get too many of them days. It's 4pm Friday, burgers for tea, yee haw
                Where did the pics of the gold guitar go?
                They're Gone! Panic.
                T
                Terry

Comment

Where did the pics of the gold guitar go?
                  They're Gone! Panic.
                  T
                  I took em down, I don't like leavin em up for eternity. I'd leave em up longer but you only get 24hrs here.

Comment

Nice to see someone else on the thread, this place is like a ghost town most o the time I reckon. 14 coats of nitro, you going for some kind o record, 10 is more than enough but hey, whatever paddles your oar. Today I tried to put my zebra woodys into a pickguard n put that on the guitar, I got as far as loading the guard, not even wired, it's just too stinkin cold.
                    I agree with you about the ghost town. That's why I've been posting more lately, I miss the posts from luminaries like Sam Lee Guy and Rick Turner. I know that egos get in the way, but they do return from time to time. And sometimes they do come back and join in. I have learned so much from this forum. By the way, I like the wood look of your pickups. I make exotic veneer overlays on regular bobbins and it has yet to catch on all that well, but it still is fun to do. In my opinion there is a lot of pickup brain power floating around in Oz, and I am glad to have the connections here.

About the 14 coats, I just don't want to burn through on the final polishing. I like to have about 15 - 18 coats but they are real thin.
                    www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
                      I agree with you about the ghost town. That's why I've been posting more lately, I miss the posts from luminaries like Sam Lee Guy and Rick Turner. I know that egos get in the way, but they do return from time to time. And sometimes they do come back and join in. I have learned so much from this forum. By the way, I like the wood look of your pickups. I make exotic veneer overlays on regular bobbins and it has yet to catch on all that well, but it still is fun to do. In my opinion there is a lot of pickup brain power floating around in Oz, and I am glad to have the connections here.
                      About the 14 coats, I just don't want to burn through on the final polishing. I like to have about 15 - 18 coats but they are real thin.
                      Hey Sonny, I checked out your web site, good stuff mate. Another old bloke like me and Terry
                      Burn through, I've never had one, ever, I've had rub through on edges n stuff, I always try to remember to spray well on the edges and on headstocks, the edges of headstocks if not smoothed a tad with 320 will not hold the lacquer real well but you know all this I'm sure. I used to do a few metal flake paint jobs and as thick as the big flake is I found 10 coats would bury it enough. No probs brother, better to be safe than sorry.
                      On making one's own necks, over the years I've made all kinds of back contours, including the pic below of a very hard V shape, I find there is no better way to find what makes you play better than to have the neck the way you like. The only problem with that is you can get bored and go for a change, that's not gonna happen to me with my 18 so far electrics Cheers mate.

As rad as this looks you'd be surprised how good it is to play and people have said, don't you fall off the back of that thing n I say on the contrary, it makes it easier to grip. Woody pickups, yes mate, I saw your veneer stuff n they look great. Nothing I do ever catches on. I sort of like it that way.

Comment

Hey Sonny, I checked out your web site, good stuff mate. Another old bloke like me and Terry
                        Burn through, I've never had one, ever, I've had rub through on edges n stuff, I always try to remember to spray well on the edges and on headstocks, the edges of headstocks if not smoothed a tad with 320 will not hold the lacquer real well but you know all this I'm sure. I used to do a few metal flake paint jobs and as thick as the big flake is I found 10 coats would bury it enough. No probs brother, better to be safe than sorry.
                        On making one's own necks, over the years I've made all kinds of back contours, including the pic below of a very hard V shape, I find there is no better way to find what makes you play better than to have the neck the way you like. The only problem with that is you can get bored and go for a change, that's not gonna happen to me with my 18 so far electrics Cheers mate.

As rad as this looks you'd be surprised how good it is to play and people have said, don't you fall off the back of that thing n I say on the contrary, it makes it easier to grip. Woody pickups, yes mate, I saw your veneer stuff n they look great. Nothing I do ever catches on. I sort of like it that way.
                        Man that is a hard V for sure. Actually I personally like the hard V shape. But I have short fingers. And anyway I am not so much of a good player. If I had strong grip like Stevie Ray it might be different, but a sharper V seems like the way to go for me. The only thing I like the about the fat necks for is slide. I've have got a 70s Crown with a neck like a baseball bat that is great for that. I still don't know why the veneer stuff hasn't caught on. I've had only a few sales and mostly it was the shell stuff.
                        www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

Where do you live?
                          I live Near the I.
                          Hey T, do you actually live in a national forest?
                          DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post
                            Hey T, do you actually live in a national forest?
                            There is a lot of NF around, but most of the properties near the major highways is private.
                            Hot Springs National Park Arkansas.
                            The downtown area has the Small mountains that are in the Natl Park.
                            One side of Central Ave. is called Bath House Row, and is in the park.
                            The other side of the street is Bizz.
                            bathhouse row hot springs arkansas - Google Search
                            Lake Ouachita(Pronounced Washitaw) is in the NF.
                            Lake Ouchaita is about 15 miles away.
                            T
                            **Edit Note
                            RJB- BTW welcome to the thread.
                            Terry

Comment

There is a lot of NF around, but most of the properties near the major highways is private.
                              Hot Springs National Park Arkansas.
                              The downtown area has the Small mountains that are in the Natl Park.
                              One side of Central Ave. is called Bath House Row, and is in the park.
                              The other side of the street is Bizz.
                              Lake Ouachita(Pronounced Washitaw) is in the NF.
                              Lake Ouchaita is about 15 miles away.
                              T
                              **Edit Note
                              RJB- BTW welcome to the thread.
                              Wow ......Now I want to visit
                              "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                                Wow ......Now I want to visit
                                Come On Down!
                                All Ya'll Welcome.
                                However you may want to wait till it cools down some.
                                It Has been running 110f+ most of this week.
                                T
                                Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X