Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can test the issue on almost any guitar by arranging a plate to be held just above the pickup in question, and striking the metal plate with a wooden hammer or the like. No need to remove the strings, so long as they don't touch the plate even when the plate is struck.

Comment

• I received and tested one of my Mojo PAF kits!
      I thought everything is of good quality and a very nice price.
      I modified one of them for a 50mm bridge P/U.
      used 50mm bobbins, keeper bar and enlarged the baseplate screw holes just a little bit.
      Will use the 49.2 stuff for neck pickups.
      Worked great.
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        I received and tested one of my Mojo PAF kits!
        I thought everything is of good quality and a very nice price.
        I modified one of them for a 50mm bridge P/U.
        used 50mm bobbins, keeper bar and enlarged the baseplate screw holes just a little bit.
        Will use the 49.2 stuff for neck pickups.
        Worked great.T
        I usually use the 49.2 stuff myself for P.A.F's, but for long term they do have a 50mm baseplate available. Really glad they are making parts available btw. all the original P.A.F stuff was 49.2, or else the shorter 46 mm stuff for the necks. Once you start fooling with P.A.F's it is hard to mess with other stuff IMO. Just saying.
        www.sonnywalton.com
        How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

• Wanted the 50mm for the bridge, and the only way I could get the long legged baseplate was in 49.2mm.
          It modded real easy.
          Once they are built, they look identical, and you can't tell them apart!
          These are really not PAFs, or even good clones, just something to stick in a guitar.
          The bridge is nearly 10k, and both wound with poly, so sure not PAFs, maybe closer to T-Tops.
          I offered the combo of 49.2, and 50mm, and the guy jumped on it.
          If we are going to make custom pickups, they might as well be Custom.
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Wanted the 50mm for the bridge, and the only way I could get the long legged baseplate was in 49.2mm.
            It modded real easy.
            Once they are built, they look identical, and you can't tell them apart!
            These are really not PAFs, or even good clones, just something to stick in a guitar.
            The bridge is nearly 10k, and both wound with poly, so sure not PAFs, maybe closer to T-Tops.
            I offered the combo of 49.2, and 50mm, and the guy jumped on it.
            If we are going to make custom pickups, they might as well be Custom.
            I agree on the custom. That's what I do also. I give em lots of options, then they can't complain if I pick one and they didn't like it later. Most of it makes little difference to me I just need to know what they want. Didn't know that your customer wanted the long leg bp. Not a big difference in 49.2 vs 50 on the baseplates they are thin enough to drill out, but it is a difference if you're talking keepers.
            www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

• Working on a real 1963 strat tonight. It is made up from parts, but all vintage parts, except not the pickups at all or the pickguard. But anyway it is kind of cool to work with an original neck and body. Customer brought me the parts to wire up. Got it done and it plays pretty nice. Leo and co. knew what they were doing alright. Doesn't need relicing at all, it looks like it is 50 years old and it is - OK so I lied, its 49. Had to give it a new nut and shim the neck a little on one side to make it right, since it was from parts, but it came out great, even with the SD humbuckers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2649.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	827695Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2645.JPG
Size:	405.0 KB
ID:	827696Click image for larger version

Name:	63Strat.jpg
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	827697
              Last edited by SonnyW; 12-19-2012, 03:48 AM. Reason: added some photos
              www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

• I bet it's fun just to get to work on a relic like that.
                We're getting real close!!!!
                What are we going to call the next one, that I link this one To???
                T
                Terry

Comment

• Sonny or Copper it's all yours!
                  Terry

Comment

Sonny or Copper it's all yours!
                    #1000 and My vote is Daily Run down Round Table #2
                    www.sonnywalton.com

Comment

• Due to the Size of this thread, the Thread has been Closed.
                      With it this large it has gotten a little hard to navigate all the different Posts.
                      We started Thread #2.
                      Please respond to this thread here.
                      http://music-electronics-forum.com/t31627/
                      Good Luck,
                      Terry
                      Terry

Comment

Working...
                      X