Hartke HA4000 output blown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change out C314, no change.

Do you think it might be a good idea to replace the 5 small e-caps in the output section?

Comment

Hello guys,
      I know it's been a while since you started this thread, but i'm having the exact same problems with the amp on my bench.
      I've manage it to be working, but there's only half wave on the output. The positive cycle cuts at less than 5Vpp.
      Perhaps pontiacpete got it to work during this time?
      Thanks!

Comment

Well as things go, that amp is still waiting for me to get back to fixing it. But I have hope that will happen some day.
        Good luck with yours!!

Comment

I've been strugguling with this amp for months, and half an hour after i posted this, i found the problem in mine.
          I did 2 things before it was alive again: i changed C312 and C313, and i re-did the connections between Q305 and Q307 because there was no signal showing in one side of the two 30k pararell resistors.
          I'm assuming it was the second thing i did what fixed the amp.
          Do you have any further discovers in yours? Perhaps i could help you. I'm telling you that for most of this thread it was like you had my amp and described every single thing worng with it.
          I changed the same components, i had to re-do almost the same traces, and so on.
          Cheers!

Comment

Actually is aaaalmost ready. Everything is working and sounding, but...
            Just found a distortion in the middle of the positive half-wave. I think related to BIAS.
            Gotta re-check that part.

Comment

Working...
            X