Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making good bread in the amp repair biz

Hah.

A young fellow brought me his amp to repair, and I find he works at Panera Bread for a day gig. I smiled and talked about bread a couple minutes.

Tonight he picked up his amp and brought me a nice fresh loaf of sesame seed bread. Yum.

Always pays to chat up the customer.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

"Man cannot live on amps alone."
    I think Jesus said that.

Comment

You sure it wasn't someone more... current?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Mmm, bread.
        Attached Files
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

is that the Ninja Toaster?
          "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

The original prototype E-Z Bake Oven

Comment

its funny, i always thought of Fender amps as the original Easy-Bake Ovens, becasue they put the tubes on the bottom side, hanging down, and put the components in a little box above the heating elements. It seemed as if they were deliberately trying to bake the parts. At least the Marshall style heads that have the tubes coming out of the top aren't as bad in this regard.
              "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Toast and Easy Bake Ovens

I guess that's one way to bake bread.

I've heard that the AC30 was the "Easy Bake Oven" of amps?
                Clyde

Comment

Wawju

Flying Snake,

Your comment made me stop and think for a minute.

If Jesus could play guitar through any amp He wanted, what would it be?
                  Clyde

Comment

I have found over the years, anytime someone asks what Jesus would do, it always winds up being the same as the asker's preference.

Comment

haha! thats great. it pays to be friendly

Comment

I used to have a Dynaco SCA 35 at work and in the morning I would put my plate lunch from the house with foil on top of it and by luch time it was just right !
                        KB

Comment

i always thought of Fender amps as the original Easy-Bake Ovens, becasue they put the tubes on the bottom side, hanging down, and put the components in a little box above the heating elements.
                          Checking the back of a MM 60w amp at his gig, when it began/continued losing it, I see a 6L6 sitting in the on the reverb tank in the bottom.
                          It's 'ugly' I guess to try to get away from that configuration in combo amps, an 'upright' amp in a combo would put the knobs in the middle of the baffleboard, unless pots with long shafts were installed in the top of the chassis..

Comment

Working...
                          X