Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Drop In" Gretsch Dynasonic Sound For Neck Position Soap Bar Pickup !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Drop In" Gretsch Dynasonic Sound For Neck Position Soap Bar Pickup !

I've been looking around for a Gretsch dynasonic sounding pickup that will fit a soap bar style hole, neck position, for a PRS SEII, made in Korea. I really don't want to modify with a route, etc. Anyone heard of such a thing ? Can't seem to find much on my searches. Thanks!!!!!

None of these are exactly what you asked for, but maybe can be adapted?
    Would a Filtertron be close enough?
    I have no personal experience with GFS pickups, but have read good things about them.

GFS Minitron Soapbar Filtertron Style Pickups

GFS Surf 90 Alnico II Rockabilly Pickups
    GFS NYII Surface Mount Handmade Alnico Pickup
    GFS NYIII Alnico 3 Surface Mount Humbucker Black
    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

TV Jones makes just such a pickup.
      Dave

Comment

Thanks guys, I had seen the TV Jones model Dynasonic but I missed the soapbar mounted unit somehow. Duh! Pricecy! Will look for some reviews on that one. I also looked at the GFS Filtertron Soapbars " Liverpools" with interest. The GFS boys seem very proud of the NYII Surface mount. I'll have to do some ruler work and see if it will squeeze under the strings. I really
        like the sound of the back P90 on the PRS but the front is a wee lacking, muddy, sort of a weaker sister. Maybe some different pots and cap would help. Played a new "G Harrison" and really liked the sound of it. Thought a dynasonic in the neck might be a real hoot and versatile as well on the PRS. Will do some more reviews if I can find some. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X