Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The initial mix for a cut from my upcoming album 'Philbo's Blues'

SoundClick artist: Philbo King - page with MP3 music downloads

If it generates any interest, I'll post the final mix as well, for comparison.

Please don't take this the wrong way.
    I liked it "except for" the tone of what I'll call the mystery instrument playing fills.
    At first, I thought it was a fiddle, then maybe clarinet; probably a sax, but who knows whether alto or tenor; maybe it was a synth patch.
    My brain kept wanting to hear a definable traditional instrument played with bluesy tone, "edge", and vibrato.
    Unfortunately, I'm just a schmuck who can't tell you how to get there from here.
    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post
      Please don't take this the wrong way.
      I liked it "except for" the tone of what I'll call the mystery instrument playing fills.
      At first, I thought it was a fiddle, then maybe clarinet; probably a sax, but who knows whether alto or tenor; maybe it was a synth patch.
      My brain kept wanting to hear a definable traditional instrument played with bluesy tone, "edge", and vibrato.
      Unfortunately, I'm just a schmuck who can't tell you how to get there from here.
      You are correct sir! It is a sax patch from my Roland guitar synth. I have recruited a guy from a Steely Dan tribute band ('The Fez') to replace that track, but like so many other people I've tried to recruit for help, after initial enthusiam, no result so far...

Comment

Originally posted by philbo View Post
        I have recruited a guy from a Steely Dan tribute band ('The Fez') to replace that track...
        That would be kewel. Keep tryin'. Good luck.

ps- For a fake sax, the guitar synth part isn't bad. :^)
        DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Working...
        X