JCM 800 No Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM 800 No Power

I returned to my home from college this summer and went to play through my jcm800. There is no power going through the amp, the lights dont even turn on. I tried a bunch of different power cables, and am not sure what could be doing this.

check the fuse on the back-should be a 3 or 4 amp i think

Comment

there is a 1 amp fuse and a 4 amp fuse. neither appear to be blown but should i try replacing them anyhow?

Comment

It can sometimes be difficult to tell if a fuse is blown by visual inspection. If you have a multimeter, you could check them for continuity. If you don't have a meter, try replacing the fuses.

You could power up with a current limiter (a light bulb in series with the power line to the amp) to be on the safe side, if you think there is some greater issue.

If you don't want to do the current limiter, you could try powering up without the output tubes installed after you replace the fuses. If the fuse(s) doesn't blow with the tubes out, power off and reinstall the tubes. If everything is good then, you're probably fine.

Was the amp okay before you went to college? Did anyone use it while you were gone? Would they tell you if they did and if so would they tell you if they noticed/did anything funny?

When you first applied the power, did you leave the amp in standby for a few minutes?
        Last edited by Jag; 05-17-2007, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Sorry, the most obvious thing to check, is there power at the wall socket?

Comment

Working...
          X