Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to properly tolex inside rounded corner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the kind words Tom. Yea that is another edge lit panel. It seems to be catching on. Everyone is really digging the look. I was actually thinking about getting a sand blaster table and start offering the etched panels. People could then personalize their amps.

Comment

Cool!
      Do you have photos of the lit up panel posted anywhere?

Comment

Lit Panel Pic

Here you go. I think I need to go with black shields on the pre's. The silver shields make the etching look blurry in the pic. Although on stage the silver shields may look better. Either way I am stoked with the results. Too bad an amp like this takes close to 100 hours to make. It is fun to do and show people the final amp.

The pic is blurry. I will get a better pic with no flash so we can see the lit panel better.
        Attached Files

Comment

To avoid blurry pictures take a new one with the camera firmly sitting on a couple books on the table, natural light (no flash).
          You my use the self timer to avoid vibration by your own finger.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Here's a slightly better picture from my phone. When we take nice pictures of this, I would like to try to use my circular polarizer filter, as it should eliminate some of the glare.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lawless light.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	825605

Comment

this might help

Originally posted by chunkitup View Post
              I bit off more than I can chew. I made a front panel to the amp that has 6 rounded inside corners. 2 for the chassis cutout and 4 for an illuminated plexi panel in the middle. Never again unless someone can show me the way to tolex this puppy. Help!
              How to Apply Tolex to a Guitar Amplifier Cabinet : GuitarKitBuilder

Comment

Working...
              X