Beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner

Hey everyone, new to the forums, and extremely new to the building or modding amplification equipment. Just wondering where you all got your start and where i can get mine (Namely resources) Any help is appreciated, thank you very much!

Welcome to the forum.
    There are several threads that recommend resources.
    One I remember is located here http://music-electronics-forum.com/t14381/
    Cheers,
    Tom

Comment

And here's one on how many of us got started:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t25173/
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

And some of us were squirted here from some passing alien UFO, and it is all hardwired in us. Oh come on, I can't be the only one...
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo!..Shhhhhhhhh.
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

So Enzo, that explains your avatar...

Comment

I was locked in a concert poster shop under a black light one night and the next day I could do this stuff.

Comment

Hah! I like that.

I recall many many years ago, I have a Jefferson Airplane poster. Then one evening while trying some, er... sensory enhancements, I gazed at it with dilated pupils and wavy walls around it, and remarked to my friend, "Oh, NOW I know why they make the posters look like that." I've known ever since.

I just watched "Sector 9" last night. Speaking of aliens.

Hey Miller... welcome to the forum. seriously, BS aside, we're happy to help. Tell us what you think of the first suggestions.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Heathkit TA-17 amp and then on, into, and beyond infinity...

Comment

miller - Most of us here in the forum are not bassholes, honestly... We play guitar.
                    In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

I was a guitarist in the 70s, not happy with the amp, so I start reading some books and modified my Twin Reverb. I quite music and amp since and moved on to become an EE until 2005 when I retired. I just pick back up the music electronics in the last few months as electronics has always been my passion.

Depend on how deep you want to get into, you can just learn the basics and build according to existing schematics or you can study more theory and be able to design your own.

Comment

Working...
                      X