Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer DDX3216 LCD replacement Display

Hello guys!

I am looking for an LCD Display Replacement for my Behringer DDX3216 digital mixer.
    In fact I need 3 units because all my 3 boards have defective LCD displays. The display just gradually faded out.....gone.

Can this still be repaired?

Hope somebody can help out. I tried to order from the dealer but to no avail.

Thanks!

Lost contrast over time? Or the backlight went away? I don't know your experience level, so forgive me, but have you adjusted the contrast or "viewing angle" adjustment?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ddx3216 lcd

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Lost contrast over time? Or the backlight went away? I don't know your experience level, so forgive me, but have you adjusted the contrast or "viewing angle" adjustment?
      Yup done that already and tried also to find out why it is doing that. Tried also to switch the lcd of my old Behringer Digital EQ because the size is the same but the pins/connectors and configurations are not the same. Thought we can use it to replace the mixer's lcd. So next thing to do is to replace the lcd with new ones. Unless there is something we can do to make it work again.

I guess the problem is in the contrast circuit of the lcd display. But the one that runs the thing are small ICs that are maybe non serviceable.

Many thanks Enzo!

Comment

I also faced same problem. I also purchased Behringer DDX3216.After few months LCD Display give faulty display. I mean it has missing few vertical rows of dots .

Comment

ddx3216 lcd problem

Originally posted by warunasanjaya55 View Post
          I also faced same problem. I also purchased Behringer DDX3216.After few months LCD Display give faulty display. I mean it has missing few vertical rows of dots .
          I think that might be an easier problem if you do component level repair. Loose connection in the LCD rubber connector may be doing that. Not really an easy thing to do and you have to be very careful in removing the lcd panel and the circuit board that connects to it. But hopefully that is the only problem. Unlike mine. 3 Boards of the same problem. Everything faded out slowly until nothing but just a backlight can be seen. This is why I need new sets of panels.

Comment

Originally posted by efxmla View Post
            I think that might be an easier problem if you do component level repair. Loose connection in the LCD rubber connector may be doing that. Not really an easy thing to do and you have to be very careful in removing the lcd panel and the circuit board that connects to it. But hopefully that is the only problem. Unlike mine. 3 Boards of the same problem. Everything faded out slowly until nothing but just a backlight can be seen. This is why I need new sets of panels.
            I am also facing the same problem of gradually fading screen.

The lcd screen on my DDX3216 has gradually faded to a point that it takes almost 2+ hours for it to "warm up" and all i can see is a faint image on the screen. I literally have to plant my eyeball 2 cm from the screen to see anything!
            The backlight is still lit.

While mucking around with the internal connection, I can force the LCD panel to show a all black screen by improperly connecting the connector, so it MIGHT not be the LCD fault.

Any kind soul here have and opinions on the matter?

Desperately need help coz there is no one else around in my country that I know of that will fix the mixer and I am left to my own devices now.

Many many thanks in advance!

Comment

These LCD panels often need a negative contrast voltage to work. The viewing angle knob adjusts the voltage.

If the contrast voltage is too low, you get the symptoms described, a very faint image or none at all. Too high, the display goes completely black. Also the voltage required depends on the temperature of the goop inside the LCD panel, so that agrees with the observation that it "warms up".

Unfortunately I have no idea of what specific circuit was used for contrast voltage generation on the Behringer panel. Indeed sometimes the circuit isn't on the panel but on the motherboard. It could be a little switchmode converter, or a charge pump, or just hooked up to the analog -15V rail.

This application note may help. http://www.hantronix.com/files/down/neg-invr.pdf

Some of the better circuits include a thermistor to temperature-compensate the contrast voltage. Maybe the thermistor could be bad. Just thinking out loud now.
              "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

I rarely get involved in discussions about the DDX3216, because, quite frankly, they were born bad. Lots of issues, right out of the box. Even more down the line. A bear to work on, even WITH documentation, and few parts available. They are all doorstops if they don't work.

As far as the LCD display goes, we ordered 6pcs. for stock in 2004. Never received them, and the part is no longer available. I CAN tell you that the display was made by Epson, so perhaps you can use that info to track them down.
                John R. Frondelli
                dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Originally posted by jrfrond View Post
                  They are all doorstops if they don't work.
                  ??
                  Well yes they did have issues.......still using 3 here ...with NO issues,and those that had issues ,were resolved.
                  The audio sections have been modded and all Digital glitches removed
                  Just depends on how far your understanding of the beast goes,
                  Repaired about 10 so far with total success,
                  Most are caused by user ignorance and abuse, and exposure to high moisture levels !,
                  PSU issues are the bain of many problems associated with the desk ,recapping is essential, and then setting up the voltage presets/current draw is paramount to trouble free operation.
                  All the parts,chips etc required to repair are available,...except the hex code for 2 of the PIC Chips,which of course are protected !(CPU board [smpte]and ADAT card io)
                  So I will take you statement with a pinch of whatever.
                  As for the LCD failures, the element conductive pads get stressed and do not conduct,dissasemble clean ,reassemble, replace caps and reflow all the tosh chips, 99% success.

Cheers !
                  Last edited by S2udio; 10-07-2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Hi I am new here and have got this DDX3216 from a friend who said it was working perfectly and had shipped it to me.
                    When I unpacked and powered it up, everything came on except the LCD which only lights up abt half and is completly black.
                    Have been trying to fix the issue but I am not very experienced with LCD's
                    Is it a fault of the LCD or any other IC, PSU related issue?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Behringer DDX3216 LCD

Behringer DDX3216 LCD available in pack of 10 mail me at jd130208@gmail.com for details

Comment

I have the same problem with the display fading out slowly, I checked the the resistors on the back of the lcd board and found R8 bad suppose to be 127K and reads 453K and R7 which is in series with R8 is a 22K resistor and it is ok, I have ordered the parts and will replace and let everyone know if that fixes it. I also have a bad ANAout01 board which has 2 of the 846 transistors bad and 2 of the 60 ohm resistors and a couple of the 4580L IC chips that are bad. All of the parts are very cheap to replace.. hope this will be of some help for the people with the LCD display problems.

Comment

Testing 846 transistors gives me very sad face .

Edit: maybe that's a part number, not 8 hundred forty six separate transistors .
                          Originally posted by Enzo
                          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
                            Testing 846 transistors gives me very sad face .

Edit: maybe that's a part number, not 8 hundred forty six separate transistors .
                            yes it is a part #BC846BMTF NPN transistor ,sorry about that, I am so used to being a electronics repair man, I think i am talking to people with a electronics background.
                            g-one, I hope i have cleaned up my own manure.. and the ANAOUT01 Board has nothing to do with the LCD display, it is just another problem if you have no audio out put at the speaker output jacks or the left or right channel is not working. forgive me. and if you have any problems you can email me at bwilds5044@yahoo.com
                            Last edited by bwilds; 02-08-2014, 02:37 AM. Reason: just thought of something that he said

Comment

Originally posted by efxmla View Post
                              Hello guys!

I am looking for an LCD Display Replacement for my Behringer DDX3216 digital mixer.
                              In fact I need 3 units because all my 3 boards have defective LCD displays. The display just gradually faded out.....gone.

Can this still be repaired?

Hope somebody can help out. I tried to order from the dealer but to no avail.

Thanks!

This might be worth checking, on the LCD display board, check the (5) 4.7uf 16 volt capacitors that are tied to the IC1 LM324 quad opamp chip.. they are suppose to be 35 volt capacitors instead of 16 volt ..
                              they are bad on my board, i checked them with the sencore cap tester and they are showing 000 capacitance and no ESR reading

Comment

Working...
                              X