Pulled Coupling Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TarheelTechinTraining View Post
    ...shouldn't be allowed to fix a sandwich much less anything else...
    Priceless Greg

Comment

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
      For that much, I'll BUILD you one from scratch, with gold plated knobs.
      Sold!
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
        For that much, I'll BUILD you one from scratch, with gold plated knobs.
        You would think with all the editor pick awards he gets from what use to be Guitar Player (now I call new it pedal monthly) and Guitar (never get your issue on time) World.That it would now be the greatest Amp next to a Dumble....!!

Comment

Well here it is another year has gone by and he is almost ready to start work on my amp..It took him 8 months to get a scope..Tomorrow if I do not get a answer I guess I am OUT $1,000.00 and over 3 years of time...This prick and his World Class Amp Repair adds in Guitar Player .....Now you know why.... Dumbassbob

Comment

Kendrick Amp guy electrocutes himself in demo video - YouTube

You should watch this over and over, it will make you feel better while you are suing his "hyperactive cheerleader moonlighting as a tv repairman" ass. Not my quote, gotta thank tone lizard for his insight there

I wouldn't use "orange drops" that way simply because they are radial caps and that is an application requiring axial caps.

Comment

That video has circulated here before. The general consensus is that it's a goof, a gag, joking around.

Bob... I'm not even going to ask you why you sent the amp back to GW. But I do wonder why you would leave it with him when his excuse for not working on it is that he doesn't have a scope!?! Does he mean to convince you that he can't do amp work without a scope and so he's had no income from repairs in eight months??? You can get a great, used scope on Ebay that is entirely suitable for guitar repair for around US $100 to $200. He must be having a hard time with his renowned repair shop if he's having trouble with that sort of capitol investment. The moment he indicated that he couldn't work on your amp because he needed a scope you should have told him to ship your amp back. So... Just in case it wasn't clear in the first incarnation of this thread...

DON'T SEND YOUR AMPS TO GERALD WEBER ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

There's a scope behind him in that vid. Agreed, its probably a joke, as are his coiffure choices over the years

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                  That video has circulated here before. The general consensus is that it's a goof, a gag, joking around.

Bob... I'm not even going to ask you why you sent the amp back to GW. But I do wonder why you would leave it with him when his excuse for not working on it is that he doesn't have a scope!?! Does he mean to convince you that he can't do amp work without a scope and so he's had no income from repairs in eight months??? You can get a great, used scope on Ebay that is entirely suitable for guitar repair for around US $100 to $200. He must be having a hard time with his renowned repair shop if he's having trouble with that sort of capitol investment. The moment he indicated that he couldn't work on your amp because he needed a scope you should have told him to ship your amp back. So... Just in case it wasn't clear in the first incarnation of this thread...

DON'T SEND YOUR AMPS TO GERALD WEBER ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
                  I gave him $1,000.00 to do the work... But tomorrow IS the last day. I will get it back and start over..

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                    coiffure
                    OOOooo!!! A new word!!! (had to look it up).

Yup. His do is a don't. Of course, I really have no place baggin' on some ones hair. I haven't changed mine since high school and I've been balding for a decade! I'm shooting for that street urchin look.?.

Comment

Re: "Kendrick Amp guy electrocutes himself..."
                      Man. Can't even get that right. The video poster doesn't know the meaning of the word!
                      Sorry to hear that this sad story is continuing.
                      Last edited by Tom Phillips; 07-17-2013, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I just read this whole sad story and am astounded. First...there is no special license required to repair electronics in California at all. I'm not sure about other states. Unfortunately, there are incompetent shops. Selected shops are given individual authorizations by manufactures to work on various brands under warranty. Even that does not guaranty competence. The BEAR in theory can discipline shops, but is woefully understaffed. Usually a bad shop just moves and changes its name. It's been that way for years. Hopefully you did not send the unit out of state. If cost effective, IMHO, your best bet would be to get your amp back and sue the shop in Small Claims Court. In CA I think you can sue for up $5000. In the future I would suggest paying for all repairs (on anything, cars, whatever) by credit card. You can always stop payment and start an investigation. I can't imagine anything wrong with that amp taking this long to fix or costing that much. Is this the same guy I got my Mini-Mass from? It seems to work fine.
                        Last edited by olddawg; 07-17-2013, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dumbassbob View Post
                          Well here it is another year has gone by and he is almost ready to start work on my amp..It took him 8 months to get a scope..Tomorrow if I do not get a answer I guess I am OUT $1,000.00 and over 3 years of time...This prick and his World Class Amp Repair adds in Guitar Player .....Now you know why.... Dumbassbob
                          I do not know anything about this GW guy but he is clearly incompetent and a con-man. I would suggest organizing the receipts and your descriptions of his claims and results in order and submit a complaint to the appropriate authorities regulating consumer repair in his state.
                          I would also fill a small claims court complaint depending on jurisdiction.
                          Write to the magazines that promote him and to forums that cater to guitar players. That will not make up for the losses but will make you feel better for warning unsuspecting future victims. Encourage other victims to write to you so you will have more evidence for the regulators in his state.

But by all means, get your amp back and never let him touch it again. Do not pay one more cent to him, no matter how much he claims his "work" is worth, or what parts he tries to sell you. I have never heard of a less ethical person working in MI and Pro Audio fields. It is not likely that you are his only victim, so getting him exposured would be a service to society.

Did he give an accurate estimate the very first time? Did he ask for approval for each change in that estimate? You might have some grounds for a criminal complaint.

"does not use a scope" "16 hours to find a parasitic oscillation", hummm, I am surprised he admitted such total inexcusable incompetence and lack of qualifications. How did he even know about the parasitic if he could not measure or detect it? 16 hours? Really, is that in writing? I am dumbfounded.......you paid a high price for him not having basic test instruments that are essential for proper diagnostics, so he owes you 15.5 hours worth or refund on that one stunt alone.
                          If it is not working correctly when you get it back, take it to a competent tech to have them analyze what the true condition of the amp is and what is needed to make is whole. Add that amount to the complaints and requests for refunds or small claims court.

Update: I just searched on his name and saw a couple videos. He IS incompetent and a huckster with a "aw shucks..." manner like some con-preachers I have listened to. Besides, he needs to wash his hair, what a creep....

Comment

Originally posted by km6xz View Post
                            Besides, he needs to wash his hair
                            If Stan still looks like his avatar, he has nice hair. So it's ok for Stan to bag on GW's coiffure.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
                              ... Is this the same guy I got my Mini-Mass from? It seems to work fine.
                              No.
                              This discussion is about Gerald Weber in Texas. The Mini-Mass is produced by Weber Speakers in Kokomo, IN.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
                                I just read this whole sad story and am astounded...
                                And I seem to remember another extensive thread about this same amp and the GW experience so there may be even more to the story!

Comment

Working...
                                X