Crate KXB-60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate KXB-60

I know this is a bit off-topic, but it IS amplifier-related.

A friend recently moved from Seattle to Portland, and in the process, the movers dropped something on the control panel of his KXB-60, with heavy emphasis to the Master Volume knob. It worked for over a year, but has now quit entirely. What I can't seem to find is a schematic or parts list for a KXB-60. I'm sure it's a PCB-mounted pot, but he hasn't taken the chassis out of the cabinet. so he doesn't know the value. If someone could provide a value and/or description, I'm sure he'd 'preciate it.

Thanks!

Who knows why it stopped working?? Really it could any number of reasons not related to the drop by the movers, or it is the pot not working. What are the symptoms? The amp needs to be opened up and examined to see if there is a solder joint that is cracked or something else loose possibly. The best way to get the best answers is to give more details about the amp in it's present state. For example, "has now quit entirely" could mean the pilot light does not turn on. So maybe it is the pot... So looking and looking all over the Internet will drive you nuts trying to find schematics like these. If someone here helps locate a parts list then that would be great but that might not happen.

Call up Loud and request them to send you a schematic or parts list. You will need model # and serial number to give to the Loud representative. LOUD Technologies Inc. Service Center at 1-866-858-5832. Google that phone number to find their web page... Or
    "www.crateamps.com/support/index.php"
    copy the link. Good luck.
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
    X