Vox AD30 noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox AD30 noises

Got another new Vox AD30VT that makes alien noises after it warms up.
    It's not the lone tube, I tried reflowing any suspect solder joints so far.

The noise changes/goes away with different amp model settings so I'm going to follow the switch connections and see what components it's connected to and check them out, possibly one of the surface mount chips needs reflowing...common problem in my real job.
    Any other ideas?
    thanks.

The amp select and effects select, and all the other controls like Eq, gain etc. are just 10k pots. The row of them are wired in parallel across some voltage supply, and the wipers all feed analof inputs on IC4, an M3803. You might need to reflow it, but I tend to think the trouble is where things are turned off and on to be a part of a particular patch. In other words, for one patch, gain is added, and that would affect how noise comes through.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out.
      Just to add, none of the tone, vol, or master volume pots have any effect on the noise, just the final power out pot so it's before that.

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
        Thanks, I'll check it out.
        Just to add, none of the tone, vol, or master volume pots have any effect on the noise, just the final power out pot so it's before that.
        If you want to spell out the settings that generate these noises I'll see if it does the same on my AD15...

Steve Ahola
        The Blue Guitar
        www.blueguitar.org
        Some recordings:
        https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Working...
        X