Bose PAS PS1 power supply schematic or info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bose PAS PS1 power supply schematic or info needed

two terminal device immediately following toroid coil in Bose PS1 power supply has exploded. Looks like it may have been a thermistor to control inrush current. no markings visible. Any input would be appreciated. thank you. LTEC

You are probably right, if it is in series with the mains. Do you have ANY inrush thermistors for other equipment? Some fender amp or maybe another SMPS?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      You are probably right, if it is in series with the mains. Do you have ANY inrush thermistors for other equipment? Some fender amp or maybe another SMPS?
      Hi Enzo. Thanks for the quick response. I have in fact found some info. The device was an NTC SCK 2R515 capable of handling 35 amps. The Kind folks (even on saturday) at Digi Key helped me cross reference part numbers and order a replacement--actually a couple, in case their is a dead short somewhere downstream. Its not easy to get tech info for Bose. I think I'm in good shape now, Thanks (unless someone actually has a source for a schematic).

Comment

Working...
      X