Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic mini-bucker covers...

... Preferably undrilled??

If the soldered cover is the only thing holding a mini-hum together, I don't think you're gonna find PLASTIC covers for'em.

HTH,
    Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy

Comment

I'd like to find some of those too.
      -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
        If the soldered cover is the only thing holding a mini-hum together, I don't think you're gonna find PLASTIC covers for'em.

HTH,
        Well... as usual with me it's not that I'm trying to re-create a Mini-Humbucker-like thing; I'm just making a magnetic pickup that fits that size & shape...

Soldering stuff to the cover isn't part of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post

HTH,
          Well... as usual with me it's not that I'm trying to re-create a Mini-Humbucker-like thing; I'm just making a magnetic pickup that fits that size & shape...

Soldering stuff to the cover isn't part of the plan.

Comment

Same here, not for mini-bucking.
            -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Looks like you've gotta make your own, perhaps with a 3D printer?

Spence, Shed p'ups, some time ago published a photo story on making P-90 covers... maybe take a gander for inspiration?
              Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
              Milano, Italy

Comment

I don't see any looking through the various covers from Daeil. G&B's website seem to be gone.

You can do it like the way Bartolini used to do it, by vacuuforming. I think that's how Spence is doing it, and his covers looked real nice.

A 3D printer will work, but the surface needs a little cleaning up, at least on the ones I had made.
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Hey!

Thanks! I was thinking that I was gonna hafta suck it up and go vacu-form...

By the way, didn't there used to be a "Thanks" button for these responses?

Bob Palmieri

Comment

It's been replaced with the ubiquitous "like" button, what's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
                      It's been replaced with the ubiquitous "like" button, what's not to like?
                      The fact that I can't thank for something I don't like?
                      Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
                      Milano, Italy

Comment

For a while there was both buttons.
                        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                          For a while there was both buttons.
                          I read that tboy had to write a patch for the thanks button, each time he updated.
                          It was too much trouble, because he had to do it each time he updated the server.
                          So he let the thanks go!
                          T
                          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                          Terry

Comment

If you need to buff a soft plastic, toothpaste works pretty well.
                            It's abrasiveness is well-controlled by regulatory organizations.
                            "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Originally posted by salvarsan View Post
                              If you need to buff a soft plastic, toothpaste works pretty well.
                              It's abrasiveness is well-controlled by regulatory organizations.
                              Yes, especially Ultra Brite.

Comment

Working...
                              X