Military test leads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military test leads!

finally got some, having missed them at Apexjr repeatedly, got em for $13 shipped on the ebay, date coded Dec 1988!

wow are they great! solid machined metal, thick rubber leads, only thing I miss are hooks, which I break a lot.

am going to give a second set to my Dad, I was shocked on my last visit that he didn't have a single decent DMM or lead set, what is it about cheap old guys? He's a retired EE and has huge PV/hydro/pump/generator setup but nothing but HF meters/leads...He has a nice analog meter but jeesh...

I have 2 sets of these purchased years ago, but they dont fit some of my newer meters. Very nice leads though.
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
    - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
      ...what is it about cheap old guys?
      As a cheap old guy, I resemble that remark!

Comment

Old guys don't probe something, have an 'A-HA' moment, toss the meter aside (still ON of course), jump up to grab a different bench tool (setting it down on the test leads) and then look around for the meter when they need it again... They're more likely to probe something, realize they need a different bench tool, grunt about it, turn off the meter and SET it aside (probably in a place where it always goes) and THEN get the other bench tool. Setting down on a cleared bench space. That's why a cheap meter can last for A LONG TIME. As such, why spend the extra money? I'm sort of in between right now. Observing the change in myself is, eh, interesting.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Only thing I have to say about these (having bought a set a while ago) is they are great but need a periodic shot of DeOxit on the threaded probe adapters to be anywhere near accurate. Very well made though...

Comment

I need some new probes for my Fluke 89, any suggestions?
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              I need some new probes for my Fluke 89, any suggestions?
              T
              FLUKE suregrip with hooks are nice..

Comment

Working...
              X