marshall tmb clone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marshall tmb clone?

Hey guys, I have a Marshall TMB clone here and I'm having some problems with the mid controls. When trying to adjust the mids control,there seems to be no or very little difference in the mids. I've tried changing out the pot with a new one and still not much control. Any suggestions on where I can go from here to trouble shoot this problem. i was having Bass and treble control issues as well but I changed the pots and they seem to work ok now. any help with this is appreciated.

Chuck.

I've built a few of these, and like most Marshalls, the tone controls don't change the tone drastically.
    Who built it?
    Is everything hooked up correctly?

Comment

Is it like the weber TMB?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	6m18tmbh_schem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	483.8 KB
ID:	825711
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Also important, are you cranking the amp? A cranked amp that has the power tubes clipping will not have it's frequency balance altered by the tone stack. The tone stack will act more like a distortion character stack. Adding thud or harmonics depending on what frequencies you send to the clipping stages. The clipping stages compress the frequencies and null the effect of the final treb, mid, bass balance.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

hey guys, thanks for the response to my questions.It' a ceriatone kit. I built it myself. Yes chuck, I'm cranking the amp when the tone stack doesn't seem to affect anything. When the amp isn't clipping the treble,mid and bass seem to work fine although not dramatically.

Chuck.

Comment

That sounds about normal.
            You can play around with the tone stack values if you want to get more response.
            Download "Duncan's tone stack calculator" (google it) to see what values have what effect.

Comment

Working...
            X