Tremolo mod on 1960s Ampeg Rocket 2 amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremolo mod on 1960s Ampeg Rocket 2 amp

OK, I have a 1960s Ampeg Rocket 2 that I picked up really cheap. it is all original and everything on it works and sounds great. The tremolo on it works but I would like to rewire it to be more like an earlier ampeg r-12-r reverborocket. I used to have one, and I love the sound of the bias tremolo.

The tremolo that is stock on the rocket 2 that I picked up sounds ok but there is a volume drop whenever you have the intensity control turned up even if the tremolo is off. I think that is just part of the design, by putting the intensity pot inline between the stages. Anyway, I found a copy of the schematic online and marked it up with the changes I am thinking of making, this should work right? I am not missing anything am I?
    Attached Files

Here is the original non drawn on schematic BTW.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like it would basically work. Did the Rocket 2 use some kind of opto? I can't see where the light source is driven.
      WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
      REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Working...
      X