• One of David King's basses on ebay

nice 4 string in need of some TLC!

DAVID KING NOBLE 2 FRETLESS BASS GUITAR | eBay
    EMGs as I think David wasn't winding back then
    $1950
    what do these cost new?

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
    nice 4 string in need of some TLC!
    I don't want to seem like a detractor, and don't have a spare $2K anyway, but just have to ask:
    Head dive?
    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

huh? all of Davids basses are headless, I believe... I tried one of his 5 string fretless instruments at a local handmade instrument show and it was the most preternaturally balanced and light designs I have ever played, all the ergonomic impediments have been removed and lightened without any compromise in strength and sustain, really quite miraculous!

I too can't afford one and David jokes that he can't either, I think he calculated his hourly wage a sub minimum for these beauties!

Comment

huh? all of Davids basses are headless, I believe... I tried one of his 5 string fretless instruments at a local handmade instrument show and it was the most preternaturally balanced and light designs I have ever played, all the ergonomic impediments have been removed and lightened without any compromise in strength and sustain, really quite miraculous!

I too can't afford one and David jokes that he can't either, I think he calculated his hourly wage a sub minimum for these beauties!
        Thanks for Sharing.
        Very Nice Piece.
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

That thing is priced at twice what I got for it in '88. I get $2500 for the modern equivalent today. The EMG's sucked, way too narrow. It belonged to Jr Marvin and it was also my very first guitar build, it took me 5 months.

Comment

huh? all of Davids basses are headless, I believe...
            I didn't know; couldn't tell by the truncated photo.
            Never mind.
            DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Very beautiful instrument. But what is the seller thinking? Multiple photos are posted but not one showing the whole bass.

Comment

so its King Bass serial #1 ???

COLLECTOR!

course it doesn't have the original control plate screws...

Comment

I know a guy who can get them...
                  Actually most of my current basses have headstocks now. It only took 25 years of swimming up the wrong stream to figure that out.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
                    I know a guy who can get them...
                    Actually most of my current basses have headstocks now. It only took 25 years of swimming up the wrong stream to figure that out.
                    So being you've been both routes?
                    Can you give us pro and con on both the head and headless?
                    T
                    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                    Terry

Comment

Terry ALL the advantages are on the headless side of the equation except for the minor detail called sales.

Comment

Hey David, I really like that Ophidian bass! And "Fauxderra" cracks me up!
                        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Fauxderra?

headless basses make sense, except in Freudian terms

Comment

Fauxderra?
                            Yes, as in "false" (faux) Fodera. I like David's bass better.

It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

they're both Davids basses! (he even put a curly que on the top version) Success for many a small builder lies in being MORE derivative sadly, but I'm sure the internals are still up to DKs level of innovation.

Comment

Working...
                              X