Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Mackie repair shops willing to order a part for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Mackie repair shops willing to order a part for me?

Loud does not talk to mere independent techs, even if I was one of Mackie's very first warranty stations and the first one authorized for the Digital 8bus.
    I need a power transformer for a 1202VLZ3 mixer. I am in the US now for the next 2 weeks and would love to get a friend's 1202 working when I return to St Petersburg. I can pay in advance by CC. I am currently located near Sacramento CA.
    Thanks....

I'm calling them now,
    but in the past, there's been little or no trannys.
    I will check though...

OK it's ordered. PM me your shipping address and I will forward that to you.
    It's $22 + shipping, + sales tax 7.775% they don't give me a total till they charge the credit card.
    I think priority mail is the cheapest fastest.
    Have a nice visit to the states.
    Last edited by soundguruman; 08-21-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Thank you SGM pm coming....

Comment

They still have not shipped the part.
        I can call them and remind them...sorry.

Comment

Thank you for staying on top of this. I had an opportunity to leave early but the address I provided is good and family can ship it on to me via USPS in one of their flat rate international express boxes.

I had some things to do back "home" in Russia so switched my flight....actually bought a new one because the airline wanted $3750 as a change fee of one leg for a $1500 RT original price. Got to Russia after 32 hours of travel only to be turned away at the border due to a minor error on the visa document by the consulate. Sitting now in Warsaw Poland, wanting for the revised visa which is supposed to be here on the 6th, the day I originally had planned to leave and had a ticket for. Total waste of $3000 and a week of extra time. At least I get a chance to hang out in Poland for a week and take photos, and meet attractive Polish girls.....I always like Poland, it has certainly developed well in the last 20 years.

Comment

Good News Everybody!
            the parts has shipped.

Comment

Where are you hanging out in Warsaw? In the Old Town, City, or somewhere else?

Comment

Hi MarkusBass
                I am near Old Town now. At first I was in a nice Radisson hotel nearer the airport but decided relocate after 3 days to get closer to the things I wanted to see and explore. I found a hotel in a convenient location, it is not so nice but I am out and about. It is amazing this dumpy hotel is the same price as the Radisson.
                Where are you located? I've been to Poland before, about 7 years ago for vacation and sometimes come to our small office we set up in Gdansk for my company but have not been here with free time for awhile. Did year some very good Klezmer based Jazz in the Jewish center courtyard yesterday. The band and sound system was just rehearsing for a later show but it was great sort of big band meets heavy bass riffs meets traditional Jewish Central European music with a big sound system added in. The rehearsals gathers a few hundred fans. Really fun music. It was the only day with full sun since I got here so it was nice hanging out in the parks and outdoor dining in the retored Old Town. I am having a good time, meeting lots of people. Got invited for a home cooked meal last night by two girls who claimed the made the best pizza in the city. They don't but the company was very nice,....very nice and after a bottle of wine, the pizza got better;>)

Comment

Not surprising.
                  We invite girls home to show them our butterfly collection, they invite us to taste their special Pizza.
                  In none of the cases butterflies or Pizza are the real reason, but things usually get to the point after some wine anyway, so ...
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I live in Warsaw (10 km from the Old Town). I think that the event yesterday it was "Jazz at the Old Town" - kind of a open-air mini jazz festival with different styles of improvised music, not always jazz. If you like this kind of music, I know some clubs in the City with jamm session kind of musical act. But I cannot offer you a pizza as the two girls did :-).

Mark

Comment

Thanks for the information Mark. I knew you lived in Warsaw but it is a big city. The stage was set up next to the old Synagogue off Zydowski. Seating was in a fenced off area that was closed before the show but it looked like about 400 seats were set out. Surrounding it was a small flea market with some interesting antiques.
                      I like all sorts of live music if interesting and played well and do not listen to recorded music much at all except when going clubbing. I was in the recording industry too long I suppose, nothing holds my interest except for live.
                      The girls much have assumed I was harmless after the 3 hour talk in an outdoor cafe and walk a park. I am, usually;>)
                      I am staying 1 block from Nowy Swiat so there are lots of nice cafes and restaurants and a few with music. Nice area to stroll around with not particular goal.

Comment

There are two places you could try out: klub55 Klub 55 - this is about 1 km from your hotel, very good music (on wednesday) but they offer only drinks :-(. Another club is: Chwila Da Klub | klubokawiarnia przy Ogrodowej, otwarta codziennie od 12:00 - on tuesday (tomorrow) and they have some food :-). This is about 3 km from your place.

Mark

Comment

Thanks a lot Mark. I am finding that it is a lot easier getting around here than I remembered, the bus system is really good as is the metro.
                          I am surprise how early most places close however. Hard Rock Cafe Centrum closes at midnight! It is almost as bad as the early closings in Scandinavia. It is hard to get a meal after 9:30 in Finland. My dinner is usually 1am or later. It is 1am now and all the places I walked by in the last hour were closed except for just a couple art cafes. My other distinct impressions include food and drinks are reasonable, a lot cheaper than in St Petersburg. Another one is that almost every girl I see is chatting with some foreign guy who is trying to BS them. I stopped into one cafe tonight and the top level was me and at the next table a reasonable cute local girl giggling and laughing at everything this Iranian kid was shoveling. They both were very loud so I was not trying to listen. When he got up to use the WC, I leaned over and said "I hope you realize he is full of s..t". She said she was thinking that but was not sure and thanked me for my opinion. He was trying to get her to fake some documents so he could go to the university down the street, and of course let him live with her, all the while telling her how rich their family was with houses in 6 countries and yachts and airplanes.
                          Foreign guys are the worst thing about being a foreigner and male in any of these countries. There is a general impression or opinion by sleazebags the world over that Central and Eastern European women are easy and gullible. It is embarrassing to be the same gender and being foreign, to think anyone would imagine I was one of them.
                          Another observation is how similar so many Polish and Russian words are in their roots. It really helps in figuring out how things work here or reading a menu. I am definitely coming back for a longer stay, maybe with my GF who is Ukrainian. Everything I have eaten was good, fresh ingredients and nicely prepared except for a burrito grande that had a very tough flower tortilla shell that could hardly be cut with a knife. There are 5 Mexican restaurants within a short walking distance of my hotel. The art cafe I dropped into tonight had terrible Margaritas however, with sugar on the rim and an overly sweet Simple Syrup and no hint of tequila. I am liking the prices however. 350 Zloty goes a long ways as pocket money. Nice place, easy to get to, reasonably priced, lots of important history for us history buffs and friendly people, many being beautiful girls. For the guys in the US or UK....I have yet to see a fat girl under 35 or so, believe it or not. Our US members might not realize that being slim and attractive is the world norm for young women except in a couple countries which have gotten fat and sloppily groomed. There IS an alternative universe out there!

Comment

Well, you might get (photo) trigger happy and post a few Warszawa galleries at Nikonians or whatever.
                            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I suggest that you come next summer to Krakow for a week at least. The restaurants there close at 4AM (or with the last guest) and the life is slower than in Warsaw. There are a lot of musical events and a lot of historical places to see. You are right that there are several strange things in Poland. For example I called klub55 and asked about menu/food. The manager was quite surprised with this question and after a while he said that they have only drinks.

EDIT: most probably I'll be at the club at Ogrodowa street (today at 8 PM). If you have nothing to to in the evening, you could come.

Mark
                              Last edited by MarkusBass; 09-04-2012, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X