No announcement yet.

Jcm800 Downscale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So no one has suggested using tubes for battery powered radios, which can run at 40V B+?

I guess the OP's school does not graduate engineers who work in power generation and distribution.

Comment

• Originally posted by okcrum View Post
      So no one has suggested using tubes for battery powered radios, which can run at 40V B+?

I guess the OP's school does not graduate engineers who work in power generation and distribution.
      Probably not. Can you enlighten us rather than just throwing out a teaser?

Comment

• Indeed! I was about to start looking up tube data sheets for military radios and then check NOS availability and price. Then I thought "NOPE!" I'm sure there are some good candidates in such tubes. But it's not my amp and I don't have an extra two and a half hours tonight So, yes, a suggestion, rather than a vague and very general reference would be nice if okcrum has a specific tube, known to be available and affordable in mind.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

• okcrum has not read the other thread printer2 started, in which all sorts of space-charge tubes are being considered... btw, if anyone has good soundclips of space-charged amps, please share them, I have not found any... except for one but the B+ was pushed way pass the maxium spec'd Va.

Comment

• I did spend some time looking up 40V portable radios. Actually 45V would have been better for a search term, even then 90V was a better B+ for these radios. I only spent about a half hour on it, not a lot of success but maybe I was just unlucky. I think the most I found for output to be 200 mW, one example the dl96 tube. Built more for low current consumption. Price and shipping turned out to be about $35 a tube for me. Think I will pass.

DL96 @ The National Valve Museum

Comment

Working...
            X