CAD drawing for humbucker bobbins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAD drawing for humbucker bobbins?

I'm working on a CAD drawing of a mandrel for a multi-bobbin winder and it would really save me some time is someone already had a drawing for a humbucker bobbin I could integrate into it. No need to be exact. I can tweak it. Screw/slug/both. I'll take whatever is available.

Any chance one of you has already gone through this while creating a die or something similar?

Thanks,
    James

Have you looked at Seymour Duncan's website? They have technical drawings there that might work for you......
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
      Have you looked at Seymour Duncan's website? They have technical drawings there that might work for you......
      Thanks, Dave. I appreciate the tip. No, I hadn't considered that. Though I don't see any DWG or other CAD format drawings, they do have lots of dimensioned images that will be helpful.

FYI for anyone else interested:
      Index of /images/dimensions
      Index of /images

Comment

Here's what I've come up with as a rough (not to scale) drawing so far:

I'm going for something like Duncan's Stevens winder is equipped with here:

Comment

Just run the pins a little less than half way through the bobbin for each spacer and mounting plate. The bobbins themselves lock the entire thing together. No need for a solid pin that runs the length of the entire stack.
          They don't make them like they used to... We do.
          www.throbak.com
          Vintage PAF Pickups Website

Comment

Working...
          X