No announcement yet.

webcor reel to reel to little harp amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• webcor reel to reel to little harp amp?

Hello, I was given reel to reel tape recorder which no longer functions for recording. The tubes still light up and the case is pretty cool. I would like to re-purpose this into a small harp amp with a 10 inch alnico fit into the area of the reels. The tube compliment is ecl86, 12au7, 7025. The case is already set up with volume and tone knobs, external speaker out and line out and input jack. I scratch built a few amps a couple years ago with help from you guys on the forum and hope you can point me in the right direction again. I want to build this for a gift to my daughter's father in law, who plays harmonica in a regionally known blues band. is there a simple circuit that would use this tube compliment and make a cool little harp amp? If anyone is interested I can post some gut shots. Thanks, Glen

There is also an EM87 "eye tube" under the control panel. Is this the rectifier tube?

Comment

I have several 6v6s and 5y3s etc.laying around. Does anyone know if the transformers would be large enough to support a champ type circuit?

Comment

Working...
      X