DigiTech GSP5 schemo,please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DigiTech GSP5 schemo,please!

Just got this old,trusty GSP on repair but I couldn't find any schematic.
    Primarily,there are some blown components (a small elecrolytic,maybe a diode and a IC) so I'd have to identify some values.
    Thank you!
    Regards,
    Le Basseur

...and here's the victim!

No trace of the schemo so far.The worst is that I cannot contact any service center in the area where I live (the local DigiTech dealer is unable to provide a schematic and the DigiTech website doesn't offer any help for overseas users except an expensive Europe-to-USA phone line).
    ...so that I made a couple of pics.
    As you can see,the C30 is shot.
    Judging by the nearby components,the C30 should be a tantalum electrolytic,as is C29 (10 micro/16V).OK,just for being sure,I'll replace C29 as well as has burning marks on it.
    Any hint about what else should I look for?
    Thanks!
    Regards,
    Le Basseur
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Le Basseur; 05-31-2007, 10:15 AM.

Comment

By asking very nicely I got a guy at Digitech to fax me a schematic for my ValveFX about 8 years ago.
      It was modded to use a regular footswitch to change channels but the Digitech Control One foot controller would not work with it (that's why I got it cheap).

Comment

Hi drewl,
        The problem is that I didn't find any e-mail contact on the Digi website.
        Aside of that inter-continental call (wich I cannot afford),there's no other option there.
        Thanks,
        Le Basseur

Comment

Originally posted by Le Basseur View Post
          Hi drewl,
          The problem is that I didn't find any e-mail contact on the Digi website.
          Aside of that inter-continental call (wich I cannot afford),there's no other option there.
          Thanks,
          Le Basseur
          Hi Did you have any success finding the value of the components as I have a GSP5 with the same problem, and it would be great if you have discovered the solution.
          Many thanks
          Soundhouse

Comment

I just went to www.digitech.com and on the welcome page there is a "contact" button along the top bar, on the side menu, and at the bottom. They all go the same place.

Click contact, and select customer service. That opens a fill in the blanks type of request page. Fill it in and include your email address and tell them you need the schematic and can't find it where you are.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundhouse View Post
              Hi Did you have any success finding the value of the components as I have a GSP5 with the same problem
              I figured out what values might have the exploded tantalums (they're 10mf/16V) and I replaced them with "normal" electrolytics of a better quality (some Elna's).Also,I replaced the LM311 chip as it seemed to be a little "toasted" (the processor didn't function after the cap's replacement but it worked as I replaced the chip).
              In the lack of a schemo,it's the best I could do...I know,what I did is totally un-professional and empirical and I'm THE shame of this forum but,let's put it this way:I got lucky this time.
              However,after getting it alive,I noticed that the processor has some other small flaws (the signal and clipping LEDs aren't working as they're supposed to do) but the owner doesn't seem to be bothered about that...still,I am,so a schemo should be of a great benefit as I really don't like to leave things half-way.
              Originally posted by Enzo View Post
              I just went to www.digitech.com and on the welcome page there is a "contact" button along the top bar, on the side menu, and at the bottom. They all go the same place.
              Click contact, and select customer service. That opens a fill in the blanks type of request page. Fill it in and include your email address and tell them you need the schematic and can't find it where you are.

(more embarrased than ever)
              Thanks Enzo,
              I deserve several baseball bats in my head for this.
              I'll try what you said.
              Regards,
              Last edited by Le Basseur; 07-06-2007, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Many thanks for your information a great help. I do know that Digitech have just redesigned their webpage so the contacts bit may be new. I will also try and see if I can get a schematic from them.
                Thanks.

Comment

Hey,
                  I just sent to Digitech a schematic request as Enzo suggested...let's hope that one of us'll get it.
                  Regards,

Comment

Over here, I have been charged something in the past, but plead overseas and they might relent if that is still their policy.

In the lack of a schemo,it's the best I could do...I know,what I did is totally un-professional and empirical and I'm THE shame of this forum
                    No no no, you used your wits and resources to get around the lack of documentation. Never be ashamed of using alternative means to get to your goal. When they say "think outside the box," they mean what you did.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Brilliant I have just received two emails from Digitech with schematics attached. I am seriously impressed with their support guys. Let me know if you get a copy otherwise I can forward it to you.

Comment

2Fast&2Furious

Hey Soundhouse,
                        Glad you got the schemos...I didn't received nothing.
                        Could I get a copy by e-mail?
                        sorincristearo/at/yahoo.com
                        ...or,simply,attach them on this board?
                        Regards,

Comment

I had picked up a used Digitech DSP 128+ about 10 years ago with no owners manual, and called Digitech customer service. They mailed me a photocopy of the manual (something like 64 pages)... NO CHARGE. Hey, those Mormons over in Salt Lake City are allright! LOL
                          The Blue Guitar
                          www.blueguitar.org
                          Some recordings:
                          https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Originally posted by Soundhouse View Post
                            Brilliant I have just received two emails from Digitech with schematics attached. I am seriously impressed with their support guys. Let me know if you get a copy otherwise I can forward it to you.
                            Any chance of posting the schemo here? (or emailing?)

I've had a defunct GSP5 for years, which I bought new. The readout was scrambled, so I assumed the logic was fried. Today I plugged it in, and the same darn tantalum cap (C30) went poof....but the readout works OK now!

Comment

gmoon,
                              Sorry for the delayed reply.
                              Here's the file you asked for:
                              http://www.ampix.org/albums/userpics...itech_DSP5.pdf
                              (kudos to soundhouse who got this schemo and kindly shared it)
                              Enjoy!
                              Regards,

Comment

Working...
                              X