part cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• part cost

Am I the only one who finds this unreasonable?

---------- Original Message ----------
    Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 2:17 PM
    To: Peavey Repair
    Subject: part cost

Hi,

I recently ordered a reverb transformer for a valverb, part number 30500181, and they charged me $126. The sales order was #267466.

I think maybe they were off by a decimal place, since similar transformers, even expensive ones from Fender or Hammond, are less than $10.

Could somebody check that?

Thanks,

Woody Crane

Cc: Peavey Repair <repair@peavey.com>
    Subject: RE: part cost
    Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 22:12:06 +0000

Hi Woody,

We share you pain. Unfortunately the price on sale order 267466 is correct. The reason is that since the Valverb is a discontinued product we no longer purchase these transformers in bulk. When we buy small quantities of a specific transformer the cost go up exponentially. If you want to return the transformer for a refund I will be happy to issue a RA(return authorization). We appreciate your support of Peavey products!

Thank you,

Anthony Godfrey
    Parts Manager
    Ph 866-812-7378, Ext. 1124

Supply/demand dude....
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Unreasonable?

Let's review. You ordered a transformer for a 20 year old product. The VAST majority of companies would have laughed at an order for 20 year old parts support. But characteristic of Peavey, they actually provided you the part you wanted. They did their best to satisfy a customer request. Then when you found the price higher than you wanted, they volunteered to take the part back and issue a refund, and no hard feelings. They offered that to you, you didn;t have to talk them into it. AND he said thank you.

All in all I'd say they did pretty darn well trying to please you.

You can replace that part with a Fender part, assuming it fits in the chassis space. We can hardly expect Peavey to go out and buy a Fender part for you. Peavey tried to get you the exact part, which is their job.

Not unreasonable at all. Do I want to pay that much for a reverb transformner? NO, of course not. Since I have to CALL them to place a parts order, I always ask for "price and availablility" on anything I want. Then when they tell me they have them and at so and so price, I can say "Great, send me three of them." Or I can say "Oh, that is more than this repair warrants, I'll find something else, thanks."
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X