Yard sale find! Need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yard sale find! Need your help!

Hello to everyone. This is my first time posting on the forms here but have used the site numerous times before for hard to find info and now am turning to the community in hopes of finding out some info on a pair of speakers that I got for free from some leftovers at a garage sale.
    I picked up this pair of speakers that have no identifying markings on the front but on the back by the speaker hook ups on a metal plate it says:

SPEAKER SYSTEM
    Model RS-500
    Impedance 8 OHMS
    Music Power 15 WATTS
    Manufacturer: Roland Electronics
    Co. LTD Tokyo, Japan

Now I have searched high and low in hopes of finding anything and I mean anything about these speakers and I have not found even a mention of anything even closely resembling these speakers. The only reason that I ask is because when I hooked these little puppies up (3") to my 300 watt Yamaha receiver I was blown away that as I slowly turned it up that the speakers handled as much as I could throw at them. In fact I only stopped due to the fact that my JBL N38II's could not take much more. Absolutely amazing sound! Very clean crisp highs and mids. Even the bass sounded great for being such a small speaker. I am floored by the quality of these little guys. It just goes to shoe you that they in fact "Don"t make them like they used to". So with all of this being said any help with information on these guys would be helpful. Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for reading this.

DJ Eros

Can you post a picture?

SG

Comment

As it is clearly marked that the speakers can handle 15 watts, I would not get too out of hand with the power that you push through them.

Comment

Most of the common Roland music gear is labelled "Roland Corporation".
        However, Roland also built stereo equipment for some major companies, such as Rotel, Radio Shack, also Martel and Lafeyette.
        These pieces were usually marked "Roland Electronics Co. LTD Tokyo, Japan".
        So, I would think they were likely built by Roland for someone else, which is why you aren't finding anything when searching for a Roland brand product.
        The RS in the model designation makes me think they could be a Radio Shack item.
        Like JPB said, go easy on the power, a 15 watt speaker should be fairly easy to fry.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
        X