Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tweed Tremolux build 5G9, need some help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found out what is the mistake, as you both says, Daver and Tubeswell, I made a mistake on capacitors uF in the RC network... put .1 .1 and .03 instead of .01 .01 and .03...

Learning is wonderful...

I will have to order those capacitors, should I order capacitors like mojotone vitamine T or 150 ? would it makes any difference ?

Comment

Use the cheapest, plastic 400v caps you can find. There is NO plus in using anything better.
      Bruce

Mission Amps
      Denver, CO. 80022
      www.missionamps.com
      303-955-2412

Comment

thanks Bruce,

where would such capacitors would be usefull then ?

Comment

Yep it pays to always check the value of each component before you solder it in
          Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Originally posted by tweedmarmot View Post
            thanks Bruce,

where would such capacitors would be usefull then ?
            You mean the higher end audio caps?
            I would use the Mallory 150s anywhere because they are really good and they are inexpensive, same thing with most all axial polyester caps.
            Vitamin T... with respect to simple tweed Fendery types of circuits, well, in reality, there's not much difference in tone with all the different types of good caps... we are talking "nit picking" tone differences where it is quite possible that the atmospheric pressure, temperature and humidity that day has more of effect on perceived tone then any caps you might choose to use in those simple circuits.
            Bruce

Mission Amps
            Denver, CO. 80022
            www.missionamps.com
            303-955-2412

Comment

Tubeswell, Daver, Bruce,

Thanks for your knowledge, I really appreciate it.

That 5G9 sound great !

Comment

Working...
              X