Blues jr tone stack question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues jr tone stack question

Hey I want to tame the brightness on blues jr, I play mandolin and guitar through it and the high are too much for the mandolin. The tone stack has been modded to 0.1, 0.22 and 250pf (from 0.022, 0.02, 250pf), the volume wiper is 100pf. Should I increase the treble tone cap to like 330 or 500pf, or decrease the volume wiper cap to 47pf silver mica or just take it off. Any ideas?

Take the 100pF off the Volume pot. There is also a Presence cap in the power amp. A 0.1uF (C13) and 7.5K (R25) resistor in series across (R25) 4.7K. Remove C13.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Which version do you have? There were several revisions of Blues Jr. amps. The info Loudthud gives is good, but your part numbers may vary. There is a new Series II version of this amp that has more highs than the original series. It is still lacking in lows but is much better sounding for guitar. If you have this version you may need to attenuate the highs even more to get where you want it.

Comment

Working...
      X