Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE amp for 2 miniature triode/pentodes

Got a few spare parts lying around, including an ECF80 and an ECL80

By my calcs the junkpile 15k OT I have in mind ought to be 'sufficient' for either pentode.

So which pentode would people here go with as the audio output? The ECL80.pdf or the ECF80.pdf?

The triodes in both types of tube a close-ish to a 12AU7 AFAICT.

(My idea consists of having a pentode input dc-coupled to a CF driving a tone stack/control and vol, followed by a triode recovery stage for the NFB insertion point and the output pentode.)
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

"L" designates a power pentode and "F" is a small-signal one. I'd use them for what they were designed for.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

TFT Steve

FWIW i just stumbled across this cool article on the National Valve Museum site

Valves and their Habits

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Gonna be noisy with the Pentode in the front end but if you scale it way down and cut some of the gain you may get it quiet enough. You'll get a nice big tone from the Pentode but like I said go to the well to quiet it down.
        KB

Comment

I have wanted to make a small spud amp for a long time to use this 6em7 I have. The triode/Pentode tubes like you have seem even cooler for a guitar amp tho. I have a small little chassis that would be perfect, it isn't much bigger than a pedal.

edit:

here is a tube I stumbled upon, the PCL805 it is a t/P and it looks like it might have some guitar amp potential with 10.5w max plate dis on the pentode.

http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/f...4/p/PCL805.pdf

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-PCL805-NO...item3cb3587ab8
          Last edited by Austin; 09-19-2012, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Found on AX84 - Box O' Dirt => Box O Dirt pictures by tkdrew - Photobucket

Where do you guys get these "junkpile" transformers from?!

Jaz

Comment

Originally posted by jazbo8 View Post
              Where do you guys get these "junkpile" transformers from?!
              Junkpiles

Comment

Working...
              X