Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage Fender "Bright" switces - Anyone know a Mouser number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Fender "Bright" switces - Anyone know a Mouser number?

Anyone know a Mouser part number for a reasonable facsimile?

They are readily-available from CE Distribution. Their part# is: P-H35-242. It's an Alpha switch, so Mouser MIGHT have it, but I've never cross-referenced it.
    John R. Frondelli
    dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

USE A SILVER MICA capacitor to install on the bright switch.
      replacing the ceramic disk cap with silver mica , in many Fender amplifiers, reduces the 60 cycle hum in the audio output.
      Yes, on many of these amps, you will notice that the hum has been reduced by installing this cheap and simple change.

Comment

I know CE has them, but CE has a big minimum order and they take forever and charge out the arse for shipping. Hence why I was curious if anyone knew the Mouser number.

Comment

You can get them here:

Switch - Slide, DPDT, Replacement for Fender | Antique Electronic Supply LLC
          "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
          - Yogi Berra

Comment

Antique Electronic Supply = CE

Comment

Originally posted by wizard333 View Post
              Antique Electronic Supply = CE
              Yes, I know, but no minimum order as you mentioned.
              "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
              - Yogi Berra

Comment

It's always a pain to order just one part.
                It winds up costing $10 for the shipping of a $2.00 switch.

Comment

It is just a slide switch, nothing special. See what are available at Mouser and check the mounting dimensions. The fender ones may have threaded holes, while generics may require a machine scrtew and nut. I trifle inconvenient to get a nut under there, but I have done it many times.

As to the minimum orders, I can usually find a space for a quad of 6L6 in my shop, and I KNOW I will use them.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
                    It's always a pain to order just one part.
                    It winds up costing $10 for the shipping of a $2.00 switch.
                    Yea, I hate that.
                    FWIW, Mouser now has a residential flat rate shipping fee of $5.99

Originally posted by Mouser site
                    Residential Standard Shipping - $5.99

Mouser offers Residential Standard Shipping for qualified orders shipping to residential addresses*. Residential Standard Shipping includes same-day shipment service and shipment tracking. Shipments are sent by UPS to your local post office for final delivery by the United States Postal Service. Delivery time for Standard Shipping orders is an estimated 3-7 days. It may take up to 48 hours for tracking link to become available.

*Orders shipping to commercial addresses, containing BIG parts or exceeding $750 USD are not eligible for Residential Standard Shipping.
                    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Originally posted by wizard333 View Post
                      Anyone know a Mouser part number for a reasonable facsimile?
                      S202031SS03Q C&K Components | Mouser
                      check the dimensions first

Comment

Working...
                      X