Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dearmond "hershey bar" rewind problem

Hi!!

This is my first post here.. I resently build a winder and did my first ever winding!! My stratotone pickup was without a coil when i bought it and i desided to rewind IT my self! It worked good and i got the factory specs at first time, 3.5K! Beginners luck i think!! I mounted it to my guitar and the sound was reasonable.. The problem how ever is that on low E there is really weak output?? Its a bar magnet wounded directly to magnet bar, and only other parts are the cover, two rivets and the metal base where the magnet is attached!! So, Tell me what could be cousing this?? Too low gauss maybe??

Thanks for advance!!

Greets from Finland!!!

Problem solved!!!

Comment

What was it?
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Well, I tested the pickup with polarity tester and the other end(bass side)of magnet was south about 2cm from edge tos center and rest was north..?? Dont know more! I used two neo magnets to charge the pickup and it worked!!

The pickup tho is lacking volume compared to neck pickup.. Could that be the magnet?? Resistance is the same and rewounded bridge is close to strings!!

Lots Of new things!! Learning something new every minute!!

Comment

Is the rewind wound with the same size wire as the original?

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
            rewind wound
            Try saying that three times fast!
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by Jack amp View Post
              The pickup tho is lacking volume compared to neck pickup.. Could that be the magnet?? Resistance is the same and rewounded bridge is close to strings!!
              Do you have enough room to try winding more wire on the coil?
              FWIW, my DeArmond Model 40 (which, I think, is similar in design to the "Hershey Bar") ohms out at 11.3K of very skinny wire.
              DeArmond numbered items

Here's a pic of my Model 40.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1102.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	827111
              DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Pickup is winded with 44AWG wire, which i think is the same as original.. Some say hersheys are with 45AWG, but i suppose then there would be more turns with 44 and more output.. There's room for more wire, but now i have played one gig with the pickup and im happy how it sounds! Maybe its just the normal "bridge vs neck" volume thing!!

Comment

Working...
                X