assistance connecting a sensor to a counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• assistance connecting a sensor to a counter

Well, I apologize if this is redundant, but I don't see an exact match for my counter/sensor. I have bought a Red Lion Cub3 and an Omron SX672-WR. The Omron has four wires. I want to connect the sensor to a 9V battery. The Cub3 is already powered. I'm attaching snips of the wiring diagram and details for the sensor and some info on the Cub3. I don't plan on using a light unless I need one. I do have some LEDs and neon lights.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, including pointing me to a thread that is very similar to my system.

Thanks in advance.

KC
    Attached Files

Originally posted by KatCreek View Post
    Well, I apologize if this is redundant, but I don't see an exact match for my counter/sensor. I have bought a Red Lion Cub3 and an Omron SX672-WR. The Omron has four wires. I want to connect the sensor to a 9V battery. The Cub3 is already powered. I'm attaching snips of the wiring diagram and details for the sensor and some info on the Cub3. I don't plan on using a light unless I need one. I do have some LEDs and neon lights.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, including pointing me to a thread that is very similar to my system.

Thanks in advance.

KC
    Looking at your attached diagrams it would appear this way:

Click image for larger version

Name:	KatCreek.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	827257

and note that you do still have to supply power to the sensor as shown in your diagram (5-24V).

...but... having said that (and isn't there always a "but") looking at the data sheet for the sensor:

http://www.ia.omron.com/data_pdf/dat...eet_csm483.pdf

if I'm reading it right it looks to say the SX672-WR is a PNP output, which doesn't match the diagram.
    (the diagram shown an NPN output)

Here is the same thing with the PNP diagram instead:

Click image for larger version

Name:	KatCreekPNP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	827258

so anyway, it hooks up the same but instead of a negative going "pulse" you get positive going pulse. Fortunately I believe all the CUB's have a Schmidt-Trigger input so it shouldn't matter to the counter if it's getting a rising-edge trigger or a falling edge trigger.
    Last edited by RedHouse; 10-25-2012, 04:01 PM.
    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

RedHouse,

It worked!!!! Thank you so much for your help. KC

Comment

Working...
      X