Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for Crown xls 2500 schematic (including power supply)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for Crown xls 2500 schematic (including power supply)

Hello,

i'm trying to convert my Crown xls2500 from 110v to 220v (after moving to europe)
    there was a very elegant (and cheap...) solution for my soundcraft gigrac 1000, thanks to the schematic i was able to do these conversion by removing a simple wire... I hope i will be able to do the same for my second amp.

regards

I contacted Kevin at Crown Audio.
    The power supply itself (SMPS) is different from 110V to 220V.
    The transformer is different & there are a few resistor changes.
    He did not recommend the conversion.
    You could try & contact a rep in Europe & see if they will sell the power supply.

Comment

hello,

a quick update, it seem that cutting the jumper Z901 which is located on the main board by the power switch does the trick.
      By cutting that jumper so it’s open the amp operate on 230/240VAC.

so far my amp has been powered by 230v for the last 20min with no problem.

I will update after my next utilization.

(my soundcraft gigrac 1000 got a similar treatment and has been working fine for the last few months.)

I have to say the tech people at crown were awesome

fred

Comment

Kind of sucky that two different Crown Audio tech's gave two different answers.
        Keep testing it.

Comment

Hey there I am trying the same thing with a XLS1000 that I just ordered in the the USA 110v but need to use overseas on 220v
          The guy at samedamusic.com told me that the newer productions of it made in china, is dual voltage and was auto sensing.
          And the 4 holes on the back are lights that indicate how many volts of power you are plugged into.

When it came, the 110v had a white peg in that hole, sort of indicating that it is configured for 110v

1. If I try to plug this into 220v to test it will the circuit breaker, protect the amp and trip?
          2. Can I or a technician do the same procedure and and cut the jumper Z901 located on the main board by the power switch?
          is this a relatively simple thing to do? Does it work just as well for year to come?
          please email answer as well to davidwalfish1@gmail.com
          thanks

Originally posted by fguigu View Post
          hello,

a quick update, it seem that cutting the jumper Z901 which is located on the main board by the power switch does the trick.
          By cutting that jumper so it’s open the amp operate on 230/240VAC.

so far my amp has been powered by 230v for the last 20min with no problem.

I will update after my next utilization.

(my soundcraft gigrac 1000 got a similar treatment and has been working fine for the last few months.)

I have to say the tech people at crown were awesome

fred

Comment

Any update on the voltage mod?

were there any issue? has it been reliable?

thanks

David

Comment

Working...
            X